Friday, October 5, 2018

I Dare You Book Tag


How's it going everyone.  I hope you're all having a fabulous day.  Today, I'm doing the I Dare You Book Tag.  I saw this tag over on Emily's blog, Yes Whale.  I've been super lucky recently when it comes to finding new tags and I think they are super fun to do.  Also, I want to try to do Blogtober/Blogoween this year, but here is my dilemma/problem. I can only post once a week because of school since I have little to no time to write 31 posts for an entire month, so I'm partially participating with only 4 posts this month (if this actually counts, which I have no idea if it really does) but it's better than nothing at all!


1. Dare you to jump backwards: Name a book that you went into blindly and it let you down.

The Prince by Jillian Dodd.  I started to read this book several months back believing this was going to be a really good spy book, but I was 100% wrong!  Frankly, I couldn't even get past the 4th chapter, even though the book wasn't that long.  The main character was more focused on who she was going to sleep with next, just for kicks than being a spy.  And since I've written a spy book, this completely insulted my characters.

2. One drink to many: Name a book that gave you a hangover.

Letters from a Prince by Victoria Hart.  This book was so sweet and all I've wanted to read about was these kinds of stories since February of this year.

3. Spin the Bottle:  Name a book with a terrible romance or romance scene.

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally.  Personally, this book did not have a good romance.

4. Mooning: Name a book that was too descriptive.

When It's Real by Erin Watt. Looking back at my other books there hasn't been an entire book that was over descriptive, but one of the scenes in this book... (If you've read the book you'll know what I'm talking about). Even though I loved reading this book, there was one scene that was a little too descriptive for me ðŸ™ˆ.

5. Scream and Run: Name a book that wasn't descriptive enough or left you confused.

Archaic by Regan Ure. This book left me more confused than anything. I understood the story, but the whole concept was very wishy-washy and very confusing.

6. Staring contest: Name a book you thought was going to take you forever but was over in the blink of an eye.

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. Now, don't get the wrong idea. I've been in a book slump since September of 2017, which is why I thought it was going to take me forever to read this book. But I read this book so fast, when it was over I ended up going back into another reading slump because I loved it so much.

7. Car crash: Name a book that started great but ended badly.

Cheyenne by Lisa L. Wiedmeier.  This was one of those books that I really liked in the beginning and then I got to the middle/end of the book and I don't think it ended well at all.

8. Amnesia: Name a book that was forgettable or you forgot you read.

The Summer We Believed by Shel Delisle. This book wasn't one that I really cared for, which is why ended up forgetting that I read it.

9. Broken Limb: Name a book that shattered you.

The Ghost of You and Me by Kelly Oram.  This book completely shattered me.  Whenever there is talk about ghosts moving on into the after life and the death of some characters, I will break down into tears.  I loved this book so much.

Thank you all so much for reading.  I hope you all enjoyed my answers to this tag. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment