Friday, October 12, 2018

Empress Unveiled by Jenna Morland - Book Review

Empress Unveiled Book Cover
Hello everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing Empress Unveiled by Jenna Morland.  A few months back the author had followed me on Twitter and I have been keeping tabs on this book until it was finally published last month in September.  Even though it took me a while to read it (curse you school and non-stop homework), I'm so glad that I bought this book!

About the Book:
Title: Empress Unveiled
Author: Jenna Morland
Release Date: September 3, 2018
Series: Empress Unveiled #1
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 350

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
What if a magical touch meant leaving everything you loved behind?

I was supposed to die. The doctors told me I had only two months to live.

That was before I met him.

Daylan.

He was the miracle cure I had been waiting for. With Daylan, I was no longer the small-town girl with that unexplained illness. I was something more. The fate of a magical world depended on my survival, and I longed to go with him. There was only one thing stopping me.

Tyler.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book!  It was super entertaining and fun to read.  Swayzi was a great and very down-to-earth kind of character. You could tell how she really cared for everyone in her life and how she wanted everyone to be happy, since she didn't know how much longer she had left on earth. Swayzi was dying and was only given two months to live since she had the organs of a 90 year old for a 17, almost 18, year old.  Tyler was a very nice and supportive guy and he had been through thick and thin with Swayzi.  Even though I got mixed feeling about him after a certain incident in the beginning, there was no doubt about how much he cared for Swayzi.  He would do anything for her.  Daylan was a very mysterious and alluring character when you're introduced to him. There was something about him that was charming and also equally as dangerous because he wasn't human. He was fairy and his lack of emotion showed when his temper and anger rose to the surface. Daylan was completely devoted to Swayzi because of who she was and she was the reason why he was still alive. In addition, he also had a connection with Swayzi because he healed her since he had magic that allowed him to live longer than the average human life span, she went from knocking on death's door to completely healthy. Another character that I really liked was Penelope, she was such a great friend to Swayzi and always protective of her.  She was a very bubbly and energetic character that always made you smile when she was around.

There are two romantic interests in the story, Tyler and Daylan.  Even though Swayzi likes both of them, Tyler because they're childhood friends and Daylan because she's drawn to him because he's fae. I'm still rooting for Tyler and Swayzi because they have a very strong bond since they are so close. The story flowed really well and I wanted to read more whenever I got the chance. The ending to the story did seem slightly rushed, but I'm still super intrigued about what's going to happen next. I need to know what's going to happen next after reading how Jenna Morland ended the story (which I won't spoil as to why). The way the story ended was a huge cliffhanger and I must know more! I cannot wait until the next book! If you like urban fantasy, teen romance, and coming of age stories, then I definitely suggest Empress Unveiled.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, I've left the links down below. Sadly, it looks like the kindle version is no longer available for sale.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. This definitely has a unique premise, a teenager with the organs of a 90-year-old? You definitely have gotten me curious. I am not normally into love triangles, but I might risk it for the fae and the intrigue of Swayzi's condition.

    Tessa @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tessa, thanks for reading! Swayzi's condition made me extremely curious when I first started reading too. And I can understand why love triangles are not everyone's cup of tea, but luckily it's not the main focus of the story even though it does get brought up a few times. If you do try this book, let me know what you think. I hope you like it!

      Daniella

      Delete