Friday, July 10, 2020

The Cake Flavored Book Tag

 

Hi everyone!  I hope you're all doing well. Today, I'm going to be doing The Cake Flavored Book Tag! I saw this tag over on Soph's blog, Book, Blog & Candle, and I thought it was a very cute tag that I wanted to participate in. So, let's jump right in!

1. Chocolate Cake (A Dark Book You Absolutely Love)
This was slightly tricky for me since I don't really read "dark" books, but I think House of Salt and Sorrow definitely fits.  This story was a dark and eerie retelling of the 12 Dancing Princesses that I couldn't put down!

2. Vanilla Cake (A Favorite Light Read)
It's been a while since I've picked up a book that I would consider a 'light read', but I think I'd have to say Love Songs & Other Lies by Jessica Pennington.






3. Red Velvet (A Book That Gave You Mixed Emotions)
*Minor Spoilers*
As much as I love this series, Capturing the Devil gave me tons of mixed emotions! I'm going to try to be vague with spoilers, but I feel like the 4th book backtracked and tried to change who the killer was in the 1st book, Stalking Jack the Ripper.  I wish it would have been more apparent that there was something else going on in the first book so when the 4th book came out, it would have been more acceptable to learn that Jack the Ripper was someone else.

4. Cheesecake (A Book You Would Recommend to Anyone)
A book that I'd definitely recommend to any would have to be Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford. This book was amazing and is definitely one of my favorite reads of 2020!





5. Coffee Cake (A Book You Started But Never Finished)
Uh, my reading slump as of recently has made this happen to several books of the books that I've tried to start. The most recent book this happened to was The Betrothed by Kiera Cass. However, I'm hoping to come back to this book at a later time when I want to read this kind of story.






6. Carrot Cake (A Book with Great Writing)
I loved the writing in Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim! There was so much to this story that I had originally believed and I was so sad when I finished, so I'm patiently waiting for the second book to be released!

7. Tiramisu (A Book That Left You Wanting More)
After finished Serpent & Dove back in December (2019), I've been dying to get my hands on Blood & Honey! After the last and final plot twist of the first book, I'm curious to see where the story goes next!






8. Cupcakes (A Series with 4+ Books)
I'd have to say Of Witches and Warlocks series by Lacey Weatherford. This was one of my favorite series very early on when I began to love reading & I ended up buying the entire






9. Fruit Cake (A Book That Wasn't What You Anticipated)
Out of all of the books that I've read, this book was definitely not what I had anticipated! I ended up getting a completely different idea of what The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller would be like, but it was so different from what my writer's mind had imagined.




Thank you all so much for reading!  If you're interested in doing this tag over on your own blog, then consider yourself tagged!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment