Friday, March 29, 2019

Love Songs & Other Lies by Jessica Pennington - Book Review

Love Songs & Other Lies Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Love Songs & Other Lies by Jessica Pennington. This book has been on my TBR for a little while and in February, I was finally able to start reading it. At the moment, I’ve been keeping my eye out on Jessica’s new book that is set to release on April 9th and I’m super excited for it! For now, back to this book, let’s jump right in!

About the Book:
Title: Love Songs & Other Lies
Author: Jessica Pennington
Release Date: April 24, 2018
Genre: Romance
Pages: 288

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
It's summer romance and second chances, the songs that stay in your head, and the boy you'll never forget.

Two years after rock-song-worthy heartbreak, Virginia Miller is looking forward to a fun, carefree summer. Her friends just landed a spot on a battling bands reality show, and Vee is joining them for her dream internship on tour. Three months with future rockstars seems like an epic summer plan. Until she learns she’ll also be sharing the bus with Cam. Her first love, and her first heartbreak. Now Vee has more than just cameras to dodge, and Cam’s determination to win her forgiveness is causing TMZ-worthy problems for both of them. With cameras rolling, she’ll have to decide if her favorite breakup anthem deserves a new ending. And if she’s brave enough to expose her own secrets to keep Cam’s under wraps.

Breaking Vee’s heart was never Cam’s plan. All he wanted senior year was a new life, in a new town, uninterrupted by the tragedy he left behind. Then Vee swept him into a whirlwind of friendship, musical adventure, and a love he didn’t expect or want. Now, he has a second chance to make it right. But things get complicated when ratings-crazy producers, cameramen, and fans are involved. Can he rewrite their love song with the whole world watching?

Sometimes the last note is just the beginning.

My Thoughts:
I loved this story! Once I picked this book up, I had trouble putting it down! I love stories that are based around music and stardom so I knew I was going to like this book from the very beginning. These kinds of stories are always the most fun to read and are my normal go-to kinds of books. I really liked being able to read from both Vee and Cam's perspective. I was able to see what they were thinking throughout the entire story, especially in the past and what led up to the end of their relationship in the present and how it affected both of them. Vee was a very unique character that showed a lot of growth throughout the story. Cam is a very swoon-worthy character and even though he had his own demons that he was facing in the story, he grew in so many ways too. I loved the chemistry these two had, it tested their relationships when things got tough and made me wonder if they could fix what they once had. If you like love stories that involve finding love, heartbreak and second chances, then I think you will love Love Songs and Other Lies. It’s a sweet summer read that I think everyone will enjoy!

If you're interested in checking out Jessica's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.

Thank you all so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed my review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment