Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Monthly Wrap-Up – June 2020


Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I've written and published a blog post. Another month has passed and it's strange to think that we're already in July. Where has the time gone! We're at the halfway point for the year and time is honestly a blur. Anyways, let's jump right in to what I've been up to this month!
Update
Blogging:
As much as I wanted to blog this month, my heart just wasn't in. Forcing myself to write is never easy nor is it fun and I never want to make my blog feel like a chore. I did attempt to try and write some posts, but I never got too far with them. I'm hoping July looks up, but only time will tell.

Social Media:
For those who don't know, I'm on a semi-hiatus from Twitter. Originally, back in March 2020, I started having these thoughts about the book community. Every time I logged on, it felt like a fight or argument in the community would reappear every single day or every other day. It was a continuous reoccurring cycle that I was tired of seeing, especially when it was the exact same topics over and over again. I hated logging on because I would end up brooding on a topic that shouldn't affect me in any way. Everything had become so extremely and overly toxic in that community that logging on honestly became annoying. When I did log back on for the short amount of time, I've seen several others have similar opinions about the community and I'm glad that I wasn't the only one. So, I decided to take an unofficially announced hiatus in May that lasted into most of June.  I'll probably still schedule posts to upload there, but I most likely won't be as active like I had hoped I would be this year.

Books I Finished
I think this is the first time, in who knows how long, that I didn't start to read/finish one single book this month. My reading slump has been fierce as of recently (from the end of April throughout June) and instead, I've been binge watching so many K-Dramas. They've definitely ended up taking over my reading time because I wanted something different than the books I had been reading. Maybe next month, I'll actually start reading again.

TV Shows I Watched
      
 
  1. My Secret Romance (K-Drama)
  2. The Heirs (K-Drama)
  3. What's Wrong with Secretary Kim (K-Drama)
  4. Level Up (K-Drama)
  5. Her Private Life (K-Drama)
  6. W (K-Drama)
  7. I'll Go to You When the Weather is Nice (K-Drama)
  8. My Absolute Boyfriend (K-Drama)
  9. While You Were Sleeping (K-Drama)
Games I Played
   
   
 
  1. Garden Paws (w/ Friends)
  2. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (w/ Jordan)
  3. Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses!
  4. ANNO 1800
  5. Control (PS4)
  6. Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister
  7. Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspect (w/ Jordan)
  8. Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy
My Blog Posts
Since I didn't post any blog posts this month, like I mentioned in my update, I'm hoping July will be filled with tons of posts. I'm determined to get back into blogging consistently again! It feels like ages since I've been able to blog, so I definitely want to get back into it! I'm going to try my best to get back into the flow of blogging again because I miss writing. 
Thank you so much for reading.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment