Sunday, January 3, 2021

Looking Back: My 2020 Reading Goal and My 2021 Reading Goal


Happy New Year all! It's that time of the year again where I look back at last year's reading goal and create a new plan for my new 2021 reading goal. Last year's reading was not my greatest to say the least... However, I did still get to read a ton of amazing books.  For the upcoming reading year, I'm determined to create and commit to a new reading, blogging, and bookstagram plan. I'm being optimistic when I say this, but I hope 2021 will be different when it comes to reading and blogging and I hope to be successful in all of my projects this year!

Last year's reading goal had some minor bumps in the road. The first few was how I lowered my reading goal from 36 books to 30 books then to 25 books, since I wasn't really reading during the summer. Then when my fall semester began, I had to lower it even more because I knew for a fact that balancing classwork and reading, when I had almost no energy to read, was not going to work.

Now, I've gone through some pretty nasty reading slumps in the past, but this one really took the cake. There's only one way that I can describe this reading slump that I had, which is mind numbing. When it came to reading, I had the worst time trying to focus on the words on the page. Every time I'd start to read, my mind would immediately drift and wander somewhere else. Thankfully, I believe it's completely over (fingers crossed), now I can actually begin binge reading my new books!

My 2020 Reading Goal: 25 Books

Total Number Of Books Read: 25/25 Books

Genre I Read The Most From: Fantasy

5/5 ⭐️ Ratings: 9 Books

DNF'd Books: 5 Books

eBooks Read: 22 Books

Physical Books Read: 3 Books

Unlike last year, I'm not going to list out all of the books that I've read in 2020. The reason why is because the list is very long and I already list out each book I read throughout the year during my Monthly Wrap-Up's. If you're interested in reading those posts, you can find all of them in my Features section of my blog.

Based on my overall evaluation of my reading last year, one thing that surprised my about my reading stats of 2020 was how much Fantasy I read. I know that I read a lot of Fantasy in 2019, but I think this genre has definitely become one of my favorite go-to genres. As much as I had enjoyed contemporary/romance in my early reading days, its sadly fallen flat for me. Maybe one day I'll go back to the genre, but I don't see that happening any time soon. In all honesty, I love the different worlds and stories that Fantasy has to offer. Each time I pick one of those books up, they take me on a new adventure filled with magic and romance.

My 2021 Reading Goal: 30 Books

This year, I've decided that I want to read 30 books! Last year, I was unsuccessful when it came to reading because I had to lower my goal after hitting the brick wall commonly referred to as my reading slump. However, with the start of the New Year, I feel my reading has been rejuvenated and I'm ready to tackle my new TBR! For all of the books I'm reading this year, my goal is to read any book that has caught my eye, finish series I've already started, and try new books that are different.

Thank you all so much for reading! Tell me, what's your 2021 Reading Goal? Is there a particular book you're wanting to start first this year? Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment