Friday, November 15, 2019

Becoming the Dark Prince by Kerri Maniscalco - Book Review

Becoming the Dark Prince Book Cover
Hello all. Today, I’ll be reviewing Becoming the Dark Prince by Kerri Maniscalco.  I'm getting closer to finishing this series and I'm sad that I'm getting closer to this series coming to an end.  However, I'm just as excited to see how it all ends!  But before I could do that, I had to read this novella!

About the Book:
Title: Becoming the Dark Prince
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Release Date: July 15, 2019
Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper Novella #3.5
Genre: Historical
Pages: 64

My Rating:  5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Enigmatic, brooding, and darkly handsome, Thomas Cresswell has always been the one mystery Audrey Rose has never been able to fully solve. As brilliant partners in crime investigation, they understand each other perfectly... but as young lovers, their passionate natures have led to both euphoria and heartbreak throughout the Stalking Jack the Ripper series.

This novella features a collection of scenes that takes place during and after the pair's horrifying Atlantic voyage in Escaping From Houdini. Experience new and familiar scenes from Thomas's unique point of view, including an intensely personal look into his plea for Audrey Rose's hand in marriage. 

My Thoughts:
After reading from Audrey Rose's perspective for the first three books, I was excited to see things from Thomas's perspective.  It was interesting to see what happened in between the scenes after Audrey Rose was injured by the killer.  Even though you don't have to read the novella before jumping into the final book in the series, if you enjoy the romance between Audrey Rose and Thomas, you'll probably enjoy the novella.  I loved Thomas's internal thoughts and dialogue, it was so entertaining to read and to see what he was thinking and how his mind worked.  Overall, I definitely recommend reading the novella, as long as you've read the first three books, it was a fun and quick read in preparation for the final book, Capturing the Devil!

If you’re interested in checking out Kerri’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Make sure to check out my other reviews for the Stalking Jack the Ripper series

Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed my review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment