Friday, August 23, 2019

The Fairy Tale Book Tag


How's it going everyone!  I hope you're all having a great day!  Today, I'm doing the Fairy Tale Book Tag.  I saw this tag over on Delly's blog, Delly Bird.  I went looking through all of the bookmarked tags and I thought this would be a fun book tag to do.  Let's jump right in!

Fairy Tale Tag Rules
  • Answer as many questions as you can!
  • Tag five fairy tale lovers.
  • Tag Delly, the creator of the tag.
  • Have fun!
1. Beauty and the Beast
“He’s no monster”
~A character that makes mistakes but redeems themselves in the end~

I'd have to say Rhen from A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer.  Rhen made so many mistakes throughout the story because of his curse, however in the end I believe he does redeem himself. (Also, its ironic that I choose a book based on the theme of the question...)

2. Sleeping Beauty
“Once upon a dream”
~A book that sent you to sleep~

A book that put me to sleep?  That's tricky... I guess I would have to say An Enchantment of Ravens.  I didn't care for this book and it was so hard to pick up once I started loosing interest in the story.

3. The Little Mermaid
“Nothing gave her greater pleasure than to hear about the world of human beings up above”
~A book that excites you or is full of adventure~

That would definitely have to be the Daughter of the Pirate King duology (I'm sorry I can't choose only one book!).  I loved the action and adventure the characters in the story get to go on.

4. Cinderella 
“Perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take is to be seen as we really are”
~A book where a character is mistreated~

This question was probably the most challenging to answer. Thinking back on all of the books I've read, I'd probably Eelyn from Sky in the Deep.  After she was captured by an enemy clan, she was mistreated multiple times because of the clan she was from.

5. Peter Pan
“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away, and away means forgetting”
~A book that you will never forget!~

Even though this book is the second book in the ACOTAR series, this is definitely one book that I will remember reading.  I loved ever minute of this book and this series is one that I may re-read in the future!

6. The Ugly Duckling
“It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye”
~A book or character that you love but others don’t see the same way~

This is so hard! I'm tweaking the question just slightly to an underrated book because I'm having a hard time answering the question above. I think I'd have to go with The Heir and the Spare. I loved this book and I'm surprised that I had never heard of the book until it had gone on sale back in December.
7. The Princess and the Pea
“She had felt one pea all the way through twenty mattresses and twenty more feather beds”
~A book or character that made you uncomfortable~

I'd have to say the Darkling from Shadow and Bone.  I don't know what it was about his character, but something about him was very unnerving.  I also didn't care for the romantic love interest that the Darkling and Alina, which might be why I found his character unnerving.

8. Little Red Riding Hood
“Oh Granny, what big teeth you have!”
~A book or character that wasn’t what they seemed~

I would have to say America's story in The Selection!  This genre for this book is romance and the one thing that I never expected from this story was the dystopian world that it took place in.

9. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 
“I’ll take a chance for her”
~A book with great friends~

It took me a little bit to think of a book for this question because the book I would like to choose was already used one of the books in the series for a different question (AKA: ACOTAR series).  I would have to go with Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy, I loved the friendships in this story!

10. Alice in Wonderland
“Who in the world am I?”
~A book about identity or a character who questions themselves~

This one was easy, but also challenging at the same time!  Even though a ton of books in Young Adult have this type of question, I think Mirror Me is one book where the character questions themselves based on the consequences of the past.


Thank you all so much for reading!  Even though the rules say to tag 5 others, I'm not going to because I don't want to bug them and spam them with the tag.  However, if you're interested in doing this tag yourself on your blog, consider yourself tagged!  I hope you enjoyed my answers to this tag.  Until next time!

2 comments: