Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Happy May Update & April Wrap-Up


Hi everyone!  It's been a long while since I've written an update for the blog.  Today, I'm going to talk about a few things: why I've been gone, blog posts, my reading, and over all update you on what's been keeping me busy over the last month.  For starters, this little hiatus, if you want to call it that, was completely unplanned, though it was 100% needed!  I've taken unplanned breaks in the past from blogging, but normally I was still behind the scenes writing posts for the next month.  However, this break meant that I haven't written an actual post in a month.  Anyways, here's why I was gone...

During the month of April, I've been wanting to spend a lot of my spare time for myself.  Obviously with that in mind, I've have two big reasons for my stop in posting besides that measly little detail.  I've been in a blogging slump and the amount of books that I've read since the beginning of the year started to dwindle up to the point where I had nothing to review.  I felt like I'd been pushing myself to read only to write a review as fast as I could.  This led to my reading slump trying to start up all over again, which is one that I've been in a constant battle with since August 2017 to December 2018. I'd hoped had gone away for a long while, however things changed.  Since my interest had started to drift away from reading, it led to a blogging slump because I just didn't want to write if my heart wasn't in it.  I'm one of those kinds of writers that wants to put 100% of my effort into whatever it is that I write and never put in half the efforts just because I need to post something.  Overall, I decided to just walk away from it for the moment and see what happened.

With that being said, in early/mid March I had finished three of my five college classes.  I assumed that with more free time I would have time read more and write, but it was something I kept looking at and pushed it to the side.  However, during April, I was finally able to get through some of the books that was reading without feeling the pressure of "I have to write this review".  You never know how much you subconsciously think about your blog and writing reviews for the books you're reading, without even knowing you were thinking about it.  In April, I read upwards of 5 books.  It may seem like a small number for some, but that's way more than I've read in the few months since January combined.  Obviously, I still have those three books that you can see still sitting on the right side of my blog that I've been meaning to finish (ACOWAR, The Disappearances, and Shadow and Bone), but I'm hoping in May, that I'll be able to sit down and actually finish them before I focus some of my attention on my two summer college classes.

I have a few goals this summer that I hope to accomplish.  They're small and simple goals, but I want to stick with them.  I'm going to try to keep up with my reading, writing blog posts, and try to interact with all of you!  So for anyone new following my blog or on twitter, hello welcome!  I'm so glad you're here.  If you've left a comment and I have yet to reply to you, I'm sorry.  I'm hoping to get to your comments and reply to you soon!

Luckily, I did get some reading done during April and here are the 5 books that I read last month:


I think I had a pretty good reading month and I hope with the time my new spare time in May, I can catch up on my backlogged TBR list that seem to have grown mysteriously over the last several months.  Thank you all so much for reading!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're reading/blogging slump will melt away with your newfound free time!

    ReplyDelete