Friday, May 24, 2019

The Selection by Kiera Cass - Book Review

The Selection Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing The Selection by Kiera Cass.  This has been a book that's been on my TBR for several years and I finally got around to reading it back in April.  During my little break I was in the mood to read about a prince and I decided to pick this one up and give it a try.

About the Summary:
Title: The Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Series: The Selection Series #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 352

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape a rigid caste system, live in a palace, and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her, and competing for a crown she doesn’t want.

Then America meets Prince Maxon—and realizes that the life she’s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

My Thoughts:
This was a very sweet book.  I'll be honest, I ended up finishing America's story within a week.  I liked the idea of the story, especially with the small amount of dystopian that the story has, even though they dystopian history of the world was slightly scary when you think about it.  The pace of the story was good, it wasn't too fast or slow.  Throughout the entire story, I was enthralled from the very beginning.  In the story you read from the perspective of America.  She was a very sweet character and very enjoyable to see everything the Selection has to offer through her eyes and how she wouldn't let the Selection change the person she was.  Prince Maxon was a very charming character too.  He was very swoon worthy guy who is kind and considerate.  The chemistry between America and Maxon was very relaxed and easy and it never seemed forced.  I think one of the most surprising thing was how Maxon and America meet.  This led to their unique friendship and later turned into something more, which was really enjoyable to see in the story.  This book does leave off on a cliff hanger, however it was definitely worth picking up book 2 and 3 to see how America's story ended, which I ended up doing after I finished the first book.  Overall, I think this was a sweet book that if you haven't read it yet, you should definitely give it a try!

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed my review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment