Friday, May 31, 2019

Blogger Recognition Award


How's it going everyone!  I hope you're all having a fantastic day.  I have a special post for today!  On May 18th, I was nominated by Heather over at The Frozen Library for the Blogger Recognition Award!  So a big thank you to her for nominating me!  Let's jump right in!

Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
  • Thank blogger for nominating you and give the link to their blog
  • Write a post on your blog showing the award
  • Describe the story of why you started your blog
  • Write two pieces of advice you have for new bloggers
  • Nominate 15 more bloggers
  • Notify each of your nominees
How My Blog First Got Started:
It's a slightly longish story on how I ended up becoming a book blogger, so forewarning!

Back in 2016, I was encouraged by my twin sister, Jordan, to create my own Twitter account.  For the longest time, I had refused because I didn't see the point in having a Twitter, but after a while I finally caved and said I'd create it.  So on January 24th, 2016, I created my Twitter.  Jordan had her Twitter and her blog since 2014.  She had told me how much fun it was and how I should try it.  I said I would consider it later, after I decided whether or not I would keep or delete the one account I had just created.  I found my way into the writing part of Twitter and was there for about a month, but I felt like something was missing.  I hadn't started my blog yet and I was debating about whether or not I should try it.  Originally, I didn't know what I would blog about, which was another reason why I hadn't jumped at the chance to start blogging.  I had read tons of books by this point and I started to discover more authors after I started following them on Twitter.  Later, when I realized that the writing community just wasn't for me, I migrated towards the blogging community.  However, when I started transitioning into the blogging community, I had one major flaw in my logic... I didn't have a blog!

It wasn't until February when Jordan suggested the blog idea again.  I remember she said that with the amount of books that I read, I should create a blog, a place that I can call my own to talk about all things bookish.  She had originally offered to let me post book reviews on her blog, but I had declined.  I remember thinking: if I was going to start a blog, I'd need to create a space of my own.  So on February 25th, 2016, I created my blog here on Blogger.  When I first stared, my blog's name was Books for Life.  Obviously, the title of my blog is completely different now and that's because I never really like my original blog name.  I had quickly set my blog up and gave it a name without putting to much thought into it.  It wasn't until October (9 months later) when I decided that I needed to change my blog name.  It had been bugging me for a few months but I didn't know what to call it.  So during the month of October, I created a list upwards of 34 names on my notes app on my iPhone (which I still have by the way) with The Little Book Spy being #33 on the list.  I ended up choosing that name after realizing that this name fit me the most because of the spy book series that I'm writing.  I've been blogging for the last three years and haven't looked back since!

My Advice to You:
For any new bloggers out there, one piece of advice that I have for you is to create a blog that make you happy.  As long as you are happy and proud of your blog, that's all that matters.

Another piece of advice that I have for any new bloggers out there is don't try to compare your blog to other blogs you see that might have similar interests.  Each blog is unique and special in their own way.

I Nominate:
2.  Danielle @ Book Addicts Reviews
4.  Lily @ A Home For the Lost
5.  Dominique @ Dear Dominique
6.  Evelina @ Avalinah's Books
7.  Krysti @ YA & Wine
8.  Sarah @ The Clever Reader
9.  Kat @ Rustic Pages
10.  Sofii @ A Book. A Thought.
11.  Alison @ Alison in Book Land
12.  Nicola @ Fantastic Book Dragon
13.  Ruby @ Ruby's Books
14.  Princess of Pages
15.  Caitlin @ Realms of My Mind

Thank you all so much for reading!  Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Making yourself happy is the most important thing! It's no fun doing all the work when you don't enjoy what you're doing.

    Thanks again, Daniella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me and sorry for taking so long to reply :) and I do like the new name better :)

    ReplyDelete