Friday, August 17, 2018

Elsker by S. T. Bende - Book Review

Elsker Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Elsker by S. T. Bende. You all maybe familiar with another book that I recently reviewed that she also wrote called, Perfekt Order.  I ended up reading these two books one after the other because I loved the authors writing style.  This book was also on my TBR and I figured that if I liked her other book, then I knew that I would like this one just as much!

About the Book:
Title: Elsker
Author: S.T. Bende
Release Date: August 2, 2014
Series: The Elsker Saga #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 286

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Kristia Tostenson prefers Earl Grey to Grey Goose and book clubs to nightclubs. But when she transfers from her one-stoplight Oregon town to Cardiff University in Wales, she falls in love with Ull Myhr. Her new boyfriend isn’t exactly what she was expecting. Ull is an honest-to-goodness Norse god — an immortal assassin fated to die at Ragnarok, the battle destined to destroy Asgard and Earth. When someone starts asking the wrong questions, Kristia realizes the crazy visions she's had all her life might be the key to saving their realms... even if they end up costing her her life. Her orderly world just got very messy.

My Thoughts:
I loved reading this book. Just like the previous book that I read, the author was able to take one of Norse gods from Norse Mythology and create her own story from the already know myth. I really like how you can take one idea from something already known and be able to create your own story from it. Kristia is a very intelligent, brave, strong, and stubborn girl. I really liked her character and her personality. When I think of Ull, he was an old-fashion kind of guy, since he's been around for a long time since he's the God of Winter. He was always a gentleman around Kristia and was very sweet, nice, and protective of her and he would always put her happiness above his own. The story flowed very well, and the pacing of the story was on point along with writing style which was really good. When reading, I could see the book being played out as if I was watching a movie. Once I picked up this book, I couldn't put it down. I really suggest picking up a copy of this book, I promise you won't be disappointed.

If you're interested in checking out S. T.'s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment