Friday, July 6, 2018

Perfekt Order by S. T. Bende - Book Review

Perfekt Order Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Perfekt Order by S.T. Bende. This was a book that I have been wanting to read for a long while now. During one of iBooks Free Book of the Week deals a couple of weeks ago, this book had shown up as one of the free books. I super happy that I was able to get this book and as soon as I finished reading the previous book I reviewed, I immediately started reading this book.

About the Book:
Title: Perfekt Order
Author: S. T. Bende
Release Date: December 8, 2015
Series: The Ære Saga #1
Genre: Fantasy/ Urban Fantasy
Pages: 481

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
All's fair when you're in love with War.

For seventeen-year-old Mia Ahlström, a world ruled by order is the only world she allows. A lifetime of chore charts, to-do lists and study schedules have helped earn her a spot at Redwood State University’s engineering program. And while her five year plan includes finding her very own happily-evah-aftah, years at an all-girls boarding school left her feeling woefully unprepared for keg parties and co-ed extracurricular activities.

So nothing surprises her more than catching the eye of Tyr Fredriksen at her first college party. The imposing Swede is arrogantly charming, stubbornly overprotective, and runs hot-and-cold in ways that defy reason . . . until Mia learns that she’s fallen for the Norse God of War; an immortal battle deity hiding on Midgard (Earth) to protect a valuable Asgardian treasure from a feral enemy. With a price on his head, Tyr brings more than a little excitement to Mia’s rigidly controlled life. Choosing Tyr may be the biggest distraction—or the greatest adventure—she’s ever had.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book. It was an amazing story that I couldn't put down. Mia is a great character. She's smart, strong, athletic, and she's an outdoor kind of girl who can go from being a pretty girly-girl one minute to be a tomboy who's not afraid to get in the mud the next. I liked that she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty. Tyr was a very mysterious, swoon-worthy character. Throughout the story he has this hot and cold type of personality. One minute he is happy and is spending lots of time with Mia, the next he keeps to himself, avoids her, and sometimes gets lost in his thoughts. Now, one thing that makes Tyr different from other guys is because of his tie to Norse Mythology.  Tyr is the God of War. I think the author did an amazing job of trying to tie in Norse Mythology with the character. It wasn't too heavily based on Norse Myths, but it allowed the author to be able to take the myths and used it to her own advantage to create an enthralling story that I couldn't put down. The pacing of the story was perfect, it wasn't too fast or too slow.  There is so much I want to say about this book, but because of spoilers, I won't.  If you like romance, action, and norse mythology, then you will love Perfekt Order!

If you're interested in checking out S. T.'s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment