Friday, July 27, 2018

All About Reading Book Tag


How's it going everyone!  I hope you're all having a wonderful day.  Today, I'm going to be doing the All About Reading Book Tag.  I saw this tag over on Lefty's blog, The Left Handed Book Lover, and I thought it would be super fun to do this tag on my blog.  I think tags are super fun and different kind of post than the normal book reviews that my blog has posted a ton of in the past.  In addition, my reading of books has slowed down tremendously, which is why I've tried to branch out to do different kinds of blog posts.  So, let's answer some new questions!

1. What do you look for the most when you pick up a book?
A.  A beautiful writing style    
|     B.  A character driven story    |     C.  A plot driven story

Besides wanting to go with all of the above, if I had to choose one I would most definitely have to go with B. I don't know what it is, but I have always preferred a character driven story. I feel like it helps move the story forward and it gives the character an important role. I also write with a character driven/plot driven story (both B and C) which is probably why I prefer this kind of writing style.

2. What are your pet peeves in books?
My pet peeves in books would have to be annoying main/minor characters. I understand that authors have certain characters in their books go through a hardship and they express their problems in the story, so the readers know what they're going through which is great. But when they're constantly whining and complaining, then the story loses its appeal for me.

3. If you could print one quote on your wall, which one would it be?
To be honest, I don't know what one quote I would want to put on my wall.

4. Which genre would you like to explore more?
I think the genre that I would like to explore more of would be Young Adult Mystery.  I feel like I've read a little bit of everything so far, except a good Young Adult mystery novel. I might have to look at my TBR to see if I have one and if I do, then it will definitely be reading that book next.

5. Was there ever a movie adaptation you liked better than the book?
... I can already see the book-lovers sharpening their pitchforks, gathering their lit torches in preparation for battle as I type this, and if I say the wrong thing...  To be honest, I'm normally not a movie person and any of the movies that I have seen that were previously books first I've never read, so you could say this question is biased for me.  So please don't get mad!  I would have to say Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (even though I have never read the book).  I loved that movie and thought it was super cute and adorable.

6. If one of your favorite books would be adapted or get a new adaptation, which book would it be and what role would you like to play?
That's a tricky question...  I actually don't have a book that I would like to be adapted into a movie or a book to get a new adaption.  Sometimes a book is better left alone as a book, just like video games are better as a video game, not a movie.

7. A hyped book you wouldn’t recommend at all?
I think I chose to do a book tag with the hardest questions possible to answer...  I still need to read a lot more of the hyped books to actually answer this question so I'm going to have to stay neutral on this question, there currently aren't any over hyped books that I could recommend.

8. A book that highly influenced your life and way of thinking?
I would say The Sisters Grimm series by Michael Buckley, which is a Middle Grade book series that I read when I was in sixth grade, influenced me.  The reason why this series influenced me was after reading 8 of 9 books (book 9 didn't get published until April 2012), I wanted to be a writer/author that could write and create my own stories.  This series was the original reason why I wanted to become a writer and publish my own books.  But, to be honest, I was originally going to start writing MG books, but in 2014 I switched over to YA.

9. Are you a fan of rereading books? Do you do it often?
I actually am not a fan of rereading books (but I might reread The Sister Grimm series that I own after talking about it in the question above). For some reason, I prefer reading a book only once because whenever I reread a book, I already know what's going to happen which loses the appeal of not knowing what's going to happen next.

10. Which book title could easily be the title of your life?
Sadly, there aren't any book title that could easily describe my life.

11. Which book should be required reading for everyone?
To be honest, I don't think any book should be required reading for everyone.  Everyone has different tastes and preferences in books and they have their own opinion on what kinds of books they like to read.  Read the kind of books that you like!

12. Who do you tag?
I tag anyone who is interested in doing this tag.  So... if you're reading this tag and want to do it on your blog, then I tag you!


Thank you all so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed my answers for this tag.  If you have any more suggestions for tags that I could do, let me know so I can look into them.  One thing I didn't realize when I started writing my answer to this tag was how easy it would be to piss someone off if you answered one of these questions wrong, but I guess that's what happens when everyone has a different opinion when it comes to literature.  But I had fun with this post nonetheless.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment