Friday, July 20, 2018

Kiss of Fire by Rebecca Ethington - Book Review

Kiss of Fire Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Kiss of Fire by Rebecca Ethington. I'd seen this book for a while when I would go onto iBooks, but it sat on my TBR list for a long time.  For some reason, every time I looked at my TBR list right now, it seems to keep getting bigger and bigger any time I open my iBooks.  So, I decided to look at all of the backlogged books and thought that with all of the books that I had listed, I should start with this book first.  Let's move on to my review.

About the Book:
Title: Kiss of Fire
Author: Rebecca Ethington
Release Date: July 17, 2013
Series: The Imdalind Series #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 270

My Rating: 3/5 ⭐️

Summary:
In love with her best friend & stalked by another, Joclyn's life is anything but normal. It's downright dangerous.

Joclyn doesn’t know why the dragon shaped mark appeared on her neck, but she certainly doesn’t want anyone to see it, including her best friend Ryland. The mark is the reason her father abandoned her, why she hides behind baggy clothes, and why she won’t let the idea of kissing Ryland enter her mind, no matter how much she wants to.

When she receives a strange stone for her birthday, however, everything goes haywire. Now she has powers she can’t explain, and a tall blonde man is stalking her.

Everything gets a whole lot worse when she learns that Ryland holds the key to everything, including a secret of his own.

He knows what the mark means and who will kill her because of it.

My Thoughts:
This is probably going to be one of my reviews where I feel neutral about a story, which is why I'm saying this in the beginning of my review. But I'm not really sure how I feel about this book when I think about it.  It was a good story. There was a lot of information in the story, which was used to build up the plot and give the readers an idea of the relationship between Joclyn and Ryland. I liked Joclyn, she was a good character, she's shy and a stubborn kind of girl that doesn't like being told what to do. Her best friend Ryland is kind of goofy and very protective of her, I liked his character too. They had good chemistry throughout the story, especially since these two have been friends since they were young children.

Joclyn's new friends that she meets in the story, Wyn and Ilyan, were really good friends too.  I did think the relationship that Ilyan and Joclyn had was weird, especially since she and Ryland were bonded. Ilyan and Joclyn's interactions seemed awkward whenever I read a scene with just the two of them since Ilyan knew that Joclyn was connected to Ryland. I think it was odd for these characters to try to find a connection when it was obviously one sides, since Joclyn was determined to save Ryland and expressed her feelings about him to Ilyan several times. When I was reading the book, there were times where I was super into the story, but then I became less interested as time went on when I was reading certain scenes. Now, this can be for a variety of different reasons one of them being my on and off reading slump that likes to come back so easily, which did not help. I liked the story and the idea of it, but I felt like during certain scenes they seem dragged out and uneventfully slow, which also made me lose interest in the story gradually over time.

If you're interested in checking out Rebecca's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment