Friday, August 10, 2018

The 20 Question Book Tag


How's it going everyone!  I hope you're all having a fantastic day.  Today, I'm doing The 20 Questions Book Tag.  I've been wanted to do some new tags so I've been searching around a few fellow blogger friend's past blog posts and saw this one over on Adrianna's blog, For the Love of Books, and I thought it would be super fun to do a longer kind of book tag.  I'm going to try to keep my answers as short and sweet as possible, so let's get to it!


1.  How many books are too many books in a series?
I would have to say 5.  I've read books that have roughly upwards of 9-10 books (minus the Nancy Drew books series, that has a lot more), which is fine. But sometimes, 3 is good, 4 is fine, but 5 is sometimes pushing it, unless each book in the series are standalone.

2.  How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I'm torn, I like them, but I don't like them.  Depending on how much I like the story, then a cliffhanger can be perfect for the next book in the series and I won't like them because I want to read more. But if I don't like the book, then the cliffhanger doesn't just doesn't really matter.

3.  Hardback or Paperback?
Hardback one hundred percent.  Not only do they look nice on a shelf, but they last a lot longer and the cover doesn't get ruined as easily as a paperback would.

4.  Favorite book?
Asking me to choose my favorite book is like asking a parent to choose their favorite child, there is no favorite.  There are plenty of favorites thought, but that would be a very long list of books...

5.  Least favorite book?
I don’t necessarily have a least favorite book.

6.  Love triangles, yes or no?
Love triangles depends... I guess I would have to say yes, but it all depends on how its written because sometimes there are so written perfectly, while others are not so great and it's just plain cringe worthy.

7.  The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?
*Looks at DNF lists and shutters because of this year’s reading slump* The last book that I DNF'ed because I just didn't care for it was Shade Me by Jennifer Brown. I just couldn't get into the book after reading 3 chapters.

8.  A book you’re currently reading?
I'm currently reading The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts.

9.  Last book you recommended to someone?
That would have to be How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather, which is one of the books that I keep telling Jordan, my twin, to read.

10.  Oldest book you’ve read (Publication Date)?
The oldest book that I've read is probably Frankenstein by Mary Shelley published in 1831 (the second edition).

11.  Newest book you’ve read (Publication Date)?
The newest book that I've read based on the publication date would have to be A Whole New League by Maggie Dallen, which was released March 19, 2018.

12.  Favorite author?
I don't necessarily have a favorite author because there are several authors that have written amazing stories, so I can't necessarily say one specific author.

13.  Buying books or borrowing books?
Buying books 100%.

14.  A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
There are a few books that everyone seems to love that I necessarily don't like, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

15.  Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Bookmarks, no doubt about it.  I've never really cared for the whole dog-earing a book since I would still lose my place.

16.  A book you can always re-read?
I know I said I don't like re-reading books in my All About Reading Book Tag, but a book that I would re-read would have to The Sisters Grimm series, you can't just re-read only one of those books.  You have to re-read all of them.

17.  Can you read while listening to music?
Sometimes... If I'm really into a book I can listen to music, even if it has words because I'll read in the book in the tone of the song, but if the book is teetering on "okay" and "not that interesting", then I can't listen to music while reading.

18.  One POV or Multiple POVs? (Points of View)
I personally like both.  I like to read from one person's perspective, but sometimes an author has a very good ability to write from multiple POV's which allows you to get into the head of both main characters.

19.  Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
I wish I could read a book in one sitting, but sadly I read them over multiple days.  On good days, I can finish a book within 3 days, while my bad days it might take me a little over two or more weeks to finish or even try to start a book if I'm in a reoccurring reading slump.

20.  A book you’ve read because of the cover?
Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch, it's such a cute cover and it is such a good book.


Thank you all so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed reading my answers to this tag!  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment