Friday, April 28, 2017

Stuck in the Moment by Tracie Puckett - Book Review

Stuck in the Moment Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing Stuck in the Moment by Tracie Puckett.  I had seen this book a few times, after I had read the author’s other book called, Breaking Rules.  Now, after I finished that book, around that time this book was available for pre-order so I waited to get it until I had knocked a few of my other books off my TBR list before getting my hands on this one.  After reading the description, I knew I had to read this book because I ended up getting into that weird book phase where I only wanted to read books that were about teen love stories.  Anyways, enough of my digressing, let’s continue on with my review.

About the Book:
Title: Stuck in the Moment
Author: Tracie Puckett
Release Date: August 24, 2016
Series: Sutton Woods #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 135

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Ally’s mother used to create magical events in The Red Barn. Now the red has faded and only echoes fill the barn that once rang with laughter and music. Ally’s father wants to tear down the structure at the edge of his property, but his seventeen-year-old daughter begs for one last party.

Carter will celebrate her eighteenth birthday on Halloween, so Ally decides to throw a surprise party for her newest friend. A Halloween-themed event will be the perfect way to say goodbye to the place where Ally spent so many happy years helping her mother plan parties. She furtively acquires Carter’s contacts in Cedar Lake, and then, just days before the big event, a handsome stranger arrives at The Red Barn and demands, "cancel the party, or else I will."

Jasper, Carter’s cousin, still lives in Cedar Lake. Appalled when party invitations show up in the town that Carter and her mother fled just one year earlier, Jasper knows he must shut the party down before Carter’s past catches up with her, but one stubborn girl named Ally is standing in his way. As the days tick closer to Halloween, Jasper and Ally must find a way to put their differences aside and work together for Carter’s sake, but could one simple compromise change their lives forever?

My Thoughts:
I loved this book so much.  Ally tries to create one last special moment for her best friend, Carter.  In a place so special and dear to her, nothing could make her change her mind about this one last party.  That is until Carter’s cousin, Jasper, changes everything.  I really like Ally’s character, she’s strong willed, stubborn, and determined to make her best friend’s 18th birthday the best day ever.  That, in my book, counts as a true friend.  Jasper, in the beginning of the story, was what I would call a thorn in Ally’s side.  Demanding that Ally cancel the party that she and her friends had been planning and worked so hard on.  Throughout the story, I think Jasper grew on me because his characteristics and traits.  The dedication that he has towards Carter and wanting to protect her, like an older brother taking care of his little sister, really shows you how close he is with her and Carter’s family and how he would do anything for her.

When Jasper offers to “help” Ally with Carter’s surprise party, in a way he takes over as head planner, which put him and Ally on this battleground of trying to make Carter’s surprise birthday/Halloween party the best day ever.  One scene that I have to mention is when Ally gets into trouble with her father.  Jasper talks with Ally while she’s locked away in her room, grounded.  This scene in particular reminds me of Ally as Rapunzel and Jasper as her Prince Charming.  He uses a ladder to get to her second story window, bringing her sweets and just talking with her.  The chemistry between these two characters is written perfectly and the story overall just left a smile on my face.  I definitely suggest checking this book out if you want a sweet clean teen romance story.

If you guys are interested in checking out Tracie's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment