Friday, December 23, 2016

Breaking Rules by Tracie Puckett - Book Review

Breaking Rules Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! Today, I’m going to be reviewing Breaking Rules by Tracie Puckett.  I had seen this book several times while looking for new books to read and I decided to give it a try.  Now, I don’t know why but I have this weird thing about reading books that involve twins.  This might be because I’m a twin and sometimes, to make a story interesting, authors portray that all twins or many twins hate each other.  Which is not true I’m extremely close with my twin, but I will admit, the author did pretty good job at writing them in this story.

About the Book:
Title: Breaking Rules
Author: Tracie Puckett
Release Date: February 11, 2014
Series: The Breaking Series #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 250

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Sometimes, the lessons of childhood are damaging enough that, by eighteen, you’ve figured out some rules so you don’t repeat your parents’ mistakes.  For Mandy, that meant finishing her last year of high school, going to college, and then returning to small-town Sugar Creek to live a solitary life as a writer.  That was the plan, and her main rule for avoiding complications and staying on track was to never, ever, EVER let someone get too close.  That was before she met Gabe.  And when Gabe starts to awaken emotions she’s never experienced, Mandy suddenly begins to question every belief she’s ever had. She can’t be falling in love, can she?  That would be the biggest mistake of her life, wouldn’t it? Could she break one of her most important rules—for Gabe?

My Thoughts:
This was a really well written book.  The book grasped my attention really easily and I was enveloped in the story just like that.  As I mentioned in my introduction, I normally don’t read books that involve twins because sometimes authors write twins as people who despise their other half beyond belief.  Even though these twins have different personalities, halfway through the book they began to actually get along and act like twin sisters who care about each other.  I might be biased on their relationship because I have an extremely close relationship with my twin, but how they grew closer in the story made me smile and happy that they could get along and act like they’ve been close their entire lives.

Now Gabe was another story.  Mandy and Gabe’s meeting, let’s just say went shockingly bad.  Throughout the story I thought Gabe was arrogant and a jerk, but as the story became more developed, I could tell he was a softy and really cared about Mandy.  One thing that I have to mention is the ending; yes this will be spoiler free if you are wondering.  At first I was happy and cheering at the beginning for Mandy, then I felt as if Mandy had just walked off the edge of the world and into the endless abyss because of the outcome.  I was so sad, but I knew the ending had a perfectly good explanation.  Even though the ending wasn’t something I was expecting, it really makes you as the reader think about how your actions have consequences and that you need to look at the bigger picture.  No matter what your choice is, it could have a good outcome that you like or a bad outcome that you don’t like.  My point is you have to face up to the fact that not everything that happens in life will bend in your favor, especially when it come to falling in love.  Hopefully you go check this book out, I loved it and I think you will too.

If you’re interested in checking out Tracie's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Breaking Rules.


Thank you guys so much for reading this. I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment