Friday, December 30, 2016

Taking the Reins by Katrina Abbott - Book Review

Taking the Reins Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! I hope you’re all having a fantastic day!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Taking the Reins by Katrina Abbott.  I found this book in the free series starter on iBooks and I thought it was the perfect book to help me get back into reading.  I couldn’t put it down once I picked it up!

About the Book:
Title: Taking the Reins
Author: Katrina Abbott
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Series: The Rosewoods #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 178

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Brooklyn Prescott (if that’s even her real name) is the new girl at The Rosewood Academy for Academic Excellence, now that she’s moved back to the States after two years living in London. Rosewood, a boarding school for children of the rich and famous and known for its celebutantes, is missing just one element important to any junior’s education: boys. But luckily for Brooklyn, and the rest of the Rosewood girls, there’s a boys’ boarding school, The Westwood Academy, just a few miles away. On her very first day, Brooklyn meets Will, a gorgeous and flirty boy on campus to help with move in. But is he who she thinks he is? And what about Brady, the cute stable boy? Or Jared, the former child actor with his grown-up good looks who can always make her laugh? As Brooklyn settles in at Rosewood, she’s faced with new friends, new challenges and new opportunities to make herself into the girl she always wanted to be. Whoever that might be.

My Thoughts:
This story if I can describe it in any other way is hysterical.  The characters have a really good sense of humor and it will make you smile, laugh, and make you feel all super sneaky because of the character’s plan that happens later on in the story.  The character interaction was perfect; there was a lot of natural sounding dialogue when the characters would speak and it was easy to get involved in Brooklyn’s conversation.  I think all of the characters that Brooklyn had interacted with had a really good sense of humor, which made the storyline work out really well.  The scenery of the school and Brooklyn’s fascination with horses when she was at the stables was described really well.  The end of the story was probably my favorite because of a prank backfiring on the boys, which is the all boys’ school that a little bit away from the girls.  I finished this story in the middle of the night so trying to contain my laughter was hard after I found out what happened.  Now Brady, Brooklyn’s love interest in the story, is probably swoon worthy but because of his job they can’t be together.  Even though it’s because of the school’s rules, I’m still rooting for them.  I really suggest checking this book out!  Like I said before, it makes you laugh, smile, and you will not be able to put this book down.

If you’re interested in checking out Katrina’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Taking the Reins.


Thank you all so much for reading.  I hope you enjoyed my review/suggestion. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment