Friday, December 16, 2016

Crazy Love by Emma Keene - Book Review

Crazy Love Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! Today, I’m going to be reviewing Crazy Love by Emma Keene.  I think I previously found this book in Free Series Starters or advertisements from My Book Cushion YA Lit. on Twitter.  Now I had seen this book before, but it took me a while to get around to reading it because I had some other books on my TBR list.  Anyways, let’s jump right in.

About the Book:
Title: Crazy Love
Author: Emma Keene
Release Date: November 25, 2013
Series: The Love Series #1
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 214

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Amy has a fairy tale life planned out for herself. The only problem is life has an entirely different plan for her.

Amy, just shy of her eighteenth birthday, is about to graduate high school. She's ready to get out of small town Greenville and move to Salem with her boyfriend, Mitch who has a football scholarship. Amy plans to get a degree in education from State, just like her mom, and move back to Greenville to teach once she marries Mitch.

Dexter Baldwin, award-winning Hollywood director, is shooting a movie in Greenville that has the town all excited, including Amy's mom. Amy doesn't get all the hype, but by the time the movie wraps and Dexter leaves town it ends up changing her life forever.

My Thoughts:
As I read this book, it was literally as if the world was out to get Amy.  Not only did life turn into a living hell for her, but when Amy tried to make it seem like things can a possibly will get better, the rug was pulled out from under her.  Amy is one of those characters that I think a lot of people feel sympathy towards in the story because of the chaos in her life.  The dialogue was written really well and the scenery description was very easy to imagine.  There was one part in the story that literally made me cry.  I won’t say exactly what made me cry because I don’t want to give spoilers, but make sure you have some tissues handy.  You’ll know what I’m taking about when you get to that point in the story.  Out of all of the characters, this was probably one of the few books that I’ve read when I ended up hating all but four characters.  The characters in the story were all changing on a flip of a dime.  They were nice, kind, and considerate in the story, then all of the sudden they were cold, bitter, and arrogant like Amy was causing all of these problems when she didn’t do anything wrong.

I thought it was a great book; it was a tailspin of emotions.  Amy’s journey through life had several bumps in the road, but she took everything that life threw at her, even when she wanted to just break down multiple times.  At the end of the story, the author leaves you silent.  My eyes were wide in shock because I couldn’t believe the ending.  I literally felt bad for Amy because she was thrown into another life altering moment.  I really suggest reading this story.  It is an adventure that I won’t forget reading.

If you’re interested in checking out Emma’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Crazy Love.


Thank you so much for reading this everyone, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment