Friday, January 6, 2017

Cursed by Christina Bauer - Book Review

Cursed Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  I hope you’re all having a Happy New Year!  I still can’t believe it’s the new year of 2017, time is going by so fast.  Today I’ll be reviewing Cursed by Christina Bauer.  I found this book in the Young Adult section in the Popular Series on iBooks.  This book was a free series starter when I got a hold of it with another book called Cipher (which is no longer free).  That review is going to be out next week (January 13th), but for now let’s get back to this current book review.

About the Book:
Title: Cursed
Author: Christina Bauer
Release Date: March 29, 2016
Series: Beholder Series #1
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 244

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Most days, Elea couldn’t care less about being a witch, even if she does have special powers over spirit and bone. Why bother with incantations when you’re a farm girl? Elea only uses her Necromancer magic to speed up chores and scare off suitors.

Everything changes when the evil Necromancer Tsar curses Elea. Now, she only has five years left before she burns as a ghost, tortured for all eternity. They say there’s nothing she can do, but Elea disagrees. Embracing her Necromancer ability, Elea trains as a magical assassin. Her goal? Kill the Tsar before his curse kills her. After years of preparation, Elea’s finally ready to strike.

That’s when everything goes horribly wrong.

A handsome warlock named Rowan steps up to help. Elea wants him as an ally, but she can’t ignore the mixed-up feelings that come with every one of Rowan’s crooked smiles. An assassination mission is no time to fall in love, but Elea’s heart may have other ideas…

My Thoughts:
This was an amazing book.  Elea is a very strong, independent, female character.  She has determination, she’s very smart, and won’t let anyone or anything get in her way of what she needs to accomplish.  When she was on her way to go play assassin and destroy the Tsar, she meets Rowan who’s on her side.  The way the author wrote his character made me think that Elea was going to have some kind of relationship with him, be more than just allies to complete their goal.  I thought Elea kind of reciprocated his feelings, it didn’t happen.  If I get my hands on the next book and Rowan’s in it, I hope they have a relationship.  Anyways, I need to get back on topic; this book was an extremely rich detailed story.  There was a lot of detail and trying to absorb the information makes me think I might have to read this book twice just in case I missed something or over looked it while I was reading.  This book was that good that I feel like I have to read it twice.  I really suggest reading this book; it is one of my favorites that I have read this year and I think it can become one of your favorites too.

If you're interested in checking out Christina's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment