Friday, January 13, 2017

Cipher by Aileen Erin - Book Review

Cipher Book Cover
How’s it going everyone.  I hope you’re having an amazing day!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Cipher by Aileen Erin.  Like I mentioned in my previous review, Cursed by Christina Bauer, I found this book on iBooks in the Popular Series in the YA section. Anyways, I’m so glad I got this book when I did, not only because of the current price, but I think this was a really good book that you did not want to put down.

About the Book:
Title: Cipher
Author: Aileen Erin
Release Date: October 14, 2014
Series: The Shadow Ravens #1
Genre: Dystopian
Pages: 331

My Rating: 4.5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Alone and on the run, Cipher doesn't talk about her secrets, her powers, or the people chasing her. She can’t let anyone get that close. At least, she shouldn’t. Knight is working undercover for the bad guys. He’s done things that have marked his soul, but it’ll all be worth it if he can save the girl who means everything to him—the girl who saved his life by putting herself in danger. It’s been twelve years, but Knight knows she’s still alive, and he’s made it his mission to find her and keep her safe. When Knight finally catches up to Cipher, electricity sparks. He’s crazy gorgeous, stupid brilliant, and begging to lift the burden from Cipher’s shoulders. Can she really trust him with her secrets? With her life? She doesn’t have long to decide, because Knight isn’t the only who’s been looking for her. Now Cipher can’t run without leaving him behind. What good is being together if they’re both dead? To save Knight, Cipher will finally stop running…one way or another.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book.  Out of almost all of the genres that I’ve read, I think dystopian is one of my many favorites.  Mainly the ones that involve future technology and advance futuristic settings are my  favorite.  So when I saw this book, I knew it was a no brainer that I was going to like it.  The characters all had their own individual unique personalities, which made all of them different from one another, which I loved.  Now one thing that I have to mention, which made me remove one point from my overall review, was the language.  I feel as if some of the foul language that author put into the story was not necessary in the story’s general conversation.  It’s understandable when a character is upset or angry at a situation and it slips out, but maybe the author could have eased up on the language just a little bit.

The story line was the best.  I was able to connect the dots throughout the story and this book kept me on edge.  This was an action packed filled story, with a little romance, keeping you, as the reader, wanting more.  Now Cipher is very strong willed, independent, and super tough.  I love this character the most because she always wanted to protect everyone around her.  In doing so, Cipher always left and moved around a lot so she wouldn't hurt anyone with her electric powers.  Knight is a swoon worthy character and one of those over protective kinds of guys.  This book also flipped POV’s between Cipher and Knight, which made it easier to understand what each character had going through their head during certain situations, I think the author did a good job on the POV's.  Overall, this was an amazing story and it is definitely worth checking out.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment