Friday, April 14, 2017

Extracted by Sherry D. Ficklin and Tyler H. Jolley - Book Review

Extracted Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. I hope you’re all having great day.  Today, I’ll be reviewing Extracted by Sherry D. Ficklin and Tyler H. Jolley.  Since I’ve read quite a few book and my options were starting to dwindle for what I could find on my own, I began searching the Clean Teen Publishing website in search of new authors.

Now the cool thing about finding some of these books are the age rating that they have for specific book on their websites.  Just like a few of my past reviews, like Bad Blood: November Rain or Never Forgotten, all of the books published by Clean Teen give you age ratings: YAE, YA, and YAM, which are determined by Language, Violence, Romance, and Drugs, Alcohol, and Smoking.  And they give you ratings of 0-5 on those specific topics, which I think is pretty cool so you know ahead of time of things that you might be reading before you read the book.  Anyways, let's jump right into my review.

About the Book:
Title: Extracted
Author: Sherry D. Ficklin and Tyler H. Jolley
Release Date: August 15, 2016
Series: The Lost Imperials #1
Genre: Sci-Fi
Pages: 361
Age: YAM (Mature Young Adult Audience)

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Lex and Ember—two time travelers with no memories of their lives before being recruited into the time war—are torn between the factions. When Lex accepts a mission that lands him deep within the heart of the Telsa Institute, he meets Ember, and the past that was stolen from them comes flooding back. Now armed with the truth of who they were, Lex and Ember must work together to save the future before the battle for time destroys them once again.

My Thoughts:
This book was the last book that I read in 2016 and I loved it so much.  You flip between two characters, Ember and Lex, who are the two missing children from the Romanov Dynasty, Anastasia and Alexei.  With Nikola Tesla’s invention, both of them were taken from the day they might have died and separated, Lex being a Hallow and Ember being a student of the Tesla Institute.  Both of them don’t have any memory about where they came from or have any knowledge that their sibling exists, until one break in changed everything.  I could not put this book down for anything.  If I had a moment to spare, I would be reading this book.  The storyline kept me intrigued till the very end and the detail in the story was amazing.  It was very vivid, giving you the feeling as if you were actually there.  In addition, the story also gave you Tesla Journal Entries.  I think this added more to the story, giving you additional background information about Tesla and how he discovered the ability to travel through time.  I’m going to end my review here because I'm afraid to talk about anymore of the book in case of spoilers, so I really suggest checking this book out for yourself.  Hopefully you love it as much as I do.


Before I finish my review, I noticed on Chapter 35 an error with whose point of view that you’re reading from.  It says that you reading from Lex’s point of view, but you’re actually reading from Ember’s point of view, which I think was just a typo.  Anyways, if you love steam punk, fantasy, time travel stories then you will love Extracted.

If you're interested in checking out their pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.

Sherry Ficklin's Pages:

Tyler Jolley's Pages:


Thank guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment