Friday, November 18, 2016

Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser - Book Review

Never Forgotten Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Never Forgotten by Kelly Risser.  Like many other books, I had come across this one several times and I only read about halfway through the description and I was really excited to read this one.  In my mind at first, I thought this book was about mermaids.  But nope, I was wrong.  If I had read the entire description and not just the first two paragraphs, it’s about a girl discovering that she's something from an Irish/Scottish folklore.  I accidentally guessed that she was a mermaid.  Whoops!  But that doesn’t matter I still loved the book and I’ll tell you why down below.

About the Book:
Title: Never Forgotten
Author: Kelly Risser
Release Date: July 1, 2014
Series: Never Forgotten Series #1
Genre: Fairy Tales, Myths & Fables
Pages: 314

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
In this coming of age story, Meara Quinn is about to find out there are worse things than moving to a tiny oceanside town before her senior year. Like discovering there's a secret being kept from her and knowing it's a life-changer. After experiencing vivid visions of her absentee father, Meara decides she deserves answers. With the help of her new friend Evan, a guy she happens to be falling for, she embarks on a journey in the hopes of unlocking family history and finding her true self. Butwhen she meets a handsome stranger at a local club who knows far more about her than he should, her world is again shaken. In him, Meara may have uncovered the key to the very secret that will reveal not only who she is... but what she is.

My Thoughts:
This book I knew off the bat was going to be a tearjerker.  I won’t explain why it will make you cry because it explains it very early on in beginning of the story.  Even though you won’t cry until you’re close to finishing the story, make sure you have a box of tissues near you before you read that part of the story.  You'll know when that will be.  The characters in this story were written really well.  I thought it had really good pacing to the story, keeping you enthralled with enough information then give you as the reader more, piece by piece, to keep you interested.  One part that I mentioned in my intro was I thought this book was about mermaids.  The way the story was leading, I thought that Meara was supposed to be half mermaid.  In reality she was half of an Irish/Scottish folklore.  Now I won’t mention what she is, so you guys can figure it out for yourself, but I think it fits this story perfectly and can make you smile.  It had a really good ending to the first book that made you wonder, how will Meara live the rest of her life after discovering what she really is and will she be able to accept her new reality of life.

If you’re interested in checking out Kelly’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Never Forgotten.


For now, thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment