Friday, November 11, 2016

Saving Wishes by G. J. Walker-Smith - Book Review

Saving Wishes Book Cover
How's it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Saving Wishes by G.J. Walker-Smith.  Now I found this book in the Free Series Starters, like normal, on one of my book binging spree.  I had seen this book before when I would search through iBooks and I finally got around to reading it.  Let me tell you, there is only one word that can describe this book, wow.  Let me tell you why down below.

About the Book:
Title: Saving Wishes
Author: G. J. Walker-Smith
Release Date: May 10, 2013
Series: The Wishes Series #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 338

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
For Charli Blake, being seventeen is a tough gig.

She's been branded a troublemaker, her reputation is in tatters and she's stuck in Pipers Cove, a speck of a town on the coast of Tasmania.

Thankfully, it's temporary. Her lifelong dream of travelling the world is just months away from becoming reality. All she has to do is ride out the last few months of high school, which is easier said than done thanks to a trio of mean girls known as The Beautifuls.

When Adam Décarie arrives in town, all the way from New York, life takes an unexpected turn. His arrival sets off a chain of events that alters her life forever, convincing her of one thing: fate brought him to her.

My Thoughts:
When I first started reading this book, it started off at a slow pace, which was exactly what I was looking for at the moment in time.  I feel that Charli is probably someone I would have been friends with because of her personality.  She has this persona about her that makes her seem extremely relatable and someone you know will be always be there for you, no matter what.  Even though she goes through these, what she liked to call flee-ities fazes when she doesn’t know what to do and just has the urge to run away from her problems.  It wasn’t till the middle of the story when everything was spinning out of control; I was shocked, astonished, and staring blankly at my phone for a good couple of minutes before I shook myself out of my shocked phase.  Whenever I read a certain book that has me contemplating everything and extremely enthralled in the story that led up to a specific moment, its going to be one of my favorites after I've put the pieces of the story together.

I could not believe how the first book ended, I am so curious about what’s next for Charli and where her life’s adventures will take her next.  I remember saying aloud, “That’s it… That can’t be the end, it’s such a huge cliff hanger! Why?!”  This book is mind blowing and I really suggest you read this story.  I believe this is a book that can leave an impression on a person and make you really think.

If you’re interested in checking out G. J.’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Saving Wishes.


Thanks again for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment