Friday, August 5, 2016

Bad Bloods: November Rain by Shannon A. Thompson - Book Review

Bad Bloods November Rain Book Cover
How's it going everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing Bad Bloods: November Rain by Shannon A. Thompson.  I found this book because I follow the author on Twitter.  When I first opened my twitter account up, I had gone through and followed a bunch of authors, a couple which may appear later on my blog, and several of their books really interested me, just like this one.

About the Book:
Title: Bad Bloods: November Rain
Author: Shannon A. Thompson
Release Date: July 18, 2016
Series: Bad Bloods #1
Genre: Sci-Fi
Pages: 233

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Her very existence is a crime… Seventeen-year-old Serena isn't human. She’s a bad blood, and in the politically corrupt city of Vendona, bad bloods aren’t allowed to live. When Serena is aided in an escape moments before her execution, a revolution is sparked. While on the run, she’s forced to put her trust in a man she knows little about.

Daniel will do anything to stop the twelve-year war that has killed so many of his own. When Serena falls into his life, he sees the opportunity to fight back and stop the eradication of all bad bloods. But there’s more to Serena than meets the eye. They share a connection to his tragic and mysterious past, and the two of them united together might just be Vendona’s only hope.

My Thoughts:
This was an amazing book.  And I’m going to point out that when I reached the end of this book, I was speechless.  On the last page I had the thought, “Are you serious, that’s the end!  It can’t be the end!”  That was until I realized that there was another book, which eased my thoughts of it being left at a huge cliffhanger.  I loved how the author took the story from both Serena and Daniel’s perspectives, flipping every other chapter; it helped explain one character’s emotions, then the other’s during certain situations.  Personally, I love reading from different perspectives because it gives you, as a reader, more of a connection with the character as if they were real or that you are the character.  Also, the other characters stuck out to me, which made them all easy to remember because of their bad blood abilities.

I liked how everything that Serena and Daniel did was connected, starting when they first meet to where they stand at the end of the first book.  There was a lot of description within the story about where the characters lived in Vendona and how everything within the city worked.  It was very detailed and it helped me understand what these characters faced living in their world.  I really enjoyed this book, it’s a 10/10 story and I can’t wait to get my hand on the next book.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


For now, thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before but I'm so glad you loved it! It's so hard when a book leaves off with a cliffhanger but it does make the next book more exciting! I enjoy multiple povs too if they're don't right, which they usually are. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, I completely agree. Whenever a book has a cliffhanger, I always have to get my hand on the next book to figure out what happens next.

      Daniella

      Delete