Friday, August 26, 2016

Crystal Magic by Madeline Freeman - Book Review

Crystal Magic Book Cover
How's it going everyone!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Crystal Magic by Madeline Freeman.  I found this story in the “more books like this” section and I knew I needed to read it.  The more witchcraft books that I find, the happier I get.  As many of you might be able to tell, I love all things that involve magic, especially witches.

About the Book:
Title: Crystal Magic
Author: Madeline Freeman
Release Date: March 30, 2014
Series: Clearwater Witches #1
Pages: 241
Genre: Fantasy

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Nothing is safe around Kristyl Barnette. Windows break. Books rocket across the room. Lights flicker. Strange occurrences follow the sixteen-year-old everywhere. She’s an outcast at her school, but everything changes in the blink of an eye.

When tragedy forces her to move to the small town of Clearwater, Michigan, with her estranged aunt Jodi, Kristyl tries to leave her past behind. She makes friends and catches the attention of Owen Marsh, who accepts her without question and who may be able to understand her better than anyone.

But Owen isn’t the only one who notices her. The mysteriously alluring Fox Holloway draws Kristyl’s eye whenever he’s around. And Clearwater High’s chief mean-girl, Crystal Jamison, has her sights set on Kristyl and will stop at nothing to prove what Kristyl really is.

A witch.

Magic can be as dangerous as fire, and Aunt Jodi wants Kristyl to have nothing to do with it. But when a mysterious illness threatens her aunt’s life, Kristyl will do anything to cure her. Enlisting the help of witches could save Jodi, but is dealing in magic worth the consequences?

My Thoughts:
With all of the chaos of magic in this story, I thought that Kristyl was going to cause an earthquake with all of her magical mishaps.  This was really an amazing story.  The story had cause and effect come into play with their actions having consequences.  I like how the author had the characters in the story against Kristyl, until they find out that she has magic and then they flocked to her.  Talk about a 180-attitude change.  Fox was in my opinion the mysterious bad boy that continued to appear in the story until she became closer with the other witches.  I feel as if this book brought things that were extremely unpredictable.  Things that happened in the story seemed impossible until they became possible.  The author was able to keep me in suspense as she built up the end of the story, making you wonder what was going to happen next.  It’s an amazing book with things that make you question these characters reality that they live in.

If you’re interested in checking out Madeline's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Crystal Magic.
For now, thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you all next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment