Friday, April 21, 2017

Isla's Inheritance by Cassandra Page - Book Review

Isla's Inheritance Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  Today, I’ll be reviewing Isla's Inheritance by Cassandra Page.  I came across this book when I was in iBooks in the “Reader’s Also Bought” section, when I went on one of my random searches.  When I was searching, this book in particular caught my eye. The book cover was similar to the book that I reviewed back in July called, Saving Angel.  So I guess you can say that I got the book because of the cover, but I also liked the description of the story, which made me ever more curious.

About the Book:
Title: Isla's Inheritance
Author: Cassandra Page
Release Date: December 14, 2015
Series: The Isla's Inheritance Trilogy #1
Genre: Horror, Monsters, & Ghosts
Pages: 297

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Isla was content to let her father keep his secrets, but now she can’t stand the touch of iron and her dreams are developing a life of their own.

Seventeen-year-old Isla Blackman only agrees to participate in a Halloween séance because Dominic, an old crush, wants to. She is sure nothing will happen when they try to contact her mother’s spirit. But the séance receives a chilling reply.

SHE IS NOT DEAD.

Isla doesn’t want to upset her father by prying into the family history he never discusses. When the mysterious and unearthly Jack offers to help her discover the truth, Isla must master her new abilities to protect her loved ones from enemies she never knew existed.

My Thoughts:
I really liked this book.  The book had very good detail and was super intriguing.  When I first started reading the story, for some reason, I thought this book was about a girl who could see ghost.  I think is was the séance and there had been some time in between reading the description and when I read the story, which is what probably what gave me the idea.  The character, Isla, was written very well, even when her entire world was changed on her 18th birthday, she was still able to handle everything pretty well.  The book has a light romance, which I think fit the story very well.  The relationship part of the story between Isla and Dominic wasn’t the main focus of the story.  It was a part of the story, but it wasn’t something that was mainly focused on, which was refreshing since many books have the main character’s relationship one of the main focuses of the story.  I think it also fit well with the characters because it didn’t make you feel like the story was more focused on Isla and her relationship versus the main idea of the story about discovering who she was and discovering her abilities.  One thing that I found interesting was how the fae were allergic to metals like iron and steel.  This story did leave off on a cliff hanger and I think the author wrote it into the story pretty well.  It gave me enough suspense that it made me want to go and read the second book.  If you like sweet teen paranormal fantasy/light contemporary stories, then I think you’ll love Isla’s Inheritance.

If you're interested in checking out Cassandra's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment