Friday, July 1, 2016

Saving Angel by J.L. Weil~ Book Review

Saving Angel Book Cover
How's it going everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing Saving Angel by J.L. Weil.  I don’t remember how I found this author’s story, but I think it was in my recommendations in iBooks, not 100% sure though.  I might have found it in the Free Series Starters in the Young Adult section a long time ago, last summer...

All I remember, I was reading this and watching Big Brother Season 17’s live feeds when I found this book, which is probably why I don’t remember how I found it.  If you read a lot of iBooks, like myself, I always like searching through the related because its kind of a helpful way of saying, “You liked this story, here’s another you might like too.”  Anyways, let’s get started!

About the Book:
Title: Saving Angel
Author: J.L. Weil
Release Date: September 6, 2012
Series: Divisa #1
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 248

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
I wondered what my life would be like if we had never moved to the ho-dunk town of Spring Valley, Illinois. Sure the internet service was splotchy, there was nothing but miles of wheat fields, and I probably wouldn’t be faced with death at every corner.

My only neighbor in this god forsaken town was…well there really was only one to describe him, hot as hell. With his sinful dark looks, unusually silver eyes, and kissable lips, there was something about him that was more than meets the eye.

Of course I was determined to find out.

Chase Winters might be drool-worthy, but he was also insufferable, arrogant and…in short a d-bag. Our relationship was anything but love at first sight. Not even close. There was something weird about the family living next door.

What I hadn’t expected to find was an underworld of trouble.
Chase and his cousins Lexi and Travis are Divisa, half-demon, half-human. Getting them angry was hardly in my best interest, not if I wanted to live.

As it turned out, that might be the least of my problems. I’ve been tagged by hell.

Now every ugly, nasty being from hades was on my trail. I have suddenly became a magnet for demon disaster, and the only way I am getting out of this alive was by putting my life in the demon spawn’s hands.

One wrong decision and my butt was toast.

My Thoughts:
There was a very strong back-story when I started reading this and those kinds of books are always the best, because I can form the character’s personality and I can understand their mind-set at that specific scene.  I loved how Chase and Angel would banter with each other.  For two characters that get on each other’s nerves, it made them very entertaining, especially with Angel’s smart remarks and how Chase would reply, only for Angel to go silent and not know how to reply.

Lexi, Chase’s sister, is like the best friend in this story that you know will always be in your corner.  She’s a very helpful and kind person.  I feel like she was the friend that you needed when you read this story.  Also, being a video game nerd myself, having Angel addicted to playing games on her Xbox made me just laugh.  She’s about as hooked to her Xbox video games, like I’m addicted to my Nancy Drew games, and other games that I enjoy playing.

This story was very well written, imagination wise, but from what I remember there were a couple of grammar errors.  They seemed very small in my opinion, but it’s been a while since I read the story so they might have been fixed by now.  If not, don’t judge the book on these tiny little errors; things like this happen and not every book is perfect.  As someone, like myself who is editing my own work, I have seen these tiny little errors in my own writing, but they don’t bug me.  Things like this make me laugh because I know what I’m trying to say, but my fingers and my brain are out of sync, thinking I want one word, but I get something completely different.  This is a really good book and hopefully it doesn’t bother you when you do come across an error or two.

If you’re interested in checking out J.L.’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Saving Angel.


For now, thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment