Friday, July 15, 2016

Perception by Lee Strauss - Book Review

Perception Book Cover
How's it going every. Today, I’ll be reviewing Perception by Lee Strauss.  I’ve already suggested some of her other stories that involve time travel, which is in the Clockwise series.  Now this one is a dystopian novel and since the future has always fascinated me, I knew this would be a good read.  Let’s jump right in!

About the Book:
Title: Perception
Author: Lee Strauss
Release Date: September 1, 2012
Series: The Perception Trilogy #1
Genre: Dystopian
Pages: 264

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Seventeen year old Zoe Vanderveen is a GAP—a genetically altered person. She lives in the security of a walled city on prime water-front property along side other equally beautiful people with extended life spans.
Her brother Liam is missing.

Noah Brody is a natural who lives on the outside. He leads protests against the GAPs and detests the widening chasm they’ve created between those who have and those who don’t. He doesn’t like girls like Zoe and he has good reason not to like her specifically.

Zoe’s carefree life takes a traumatic turn. She’s in trouble and it turns out that Noah, the last guy on earth she should trust, is the only one who can help her.

My Thoughts:
This was a really good story.  I loved all of the future technology that the author created and inserted into the story.  Best of all, if you think you know everything about the characters Zoe or Noah, think again.  What you know about these characters is so little that when you reach certain parts in the story, your mouth might be hitting the floor.  Well, that’s what happened to me at least…

There was one thing in that story that surprised me, but I won’t tell you guys….just in case you want to read this story.  I wouldn’t want to give any spoilers away.  At one point in the book, it made my heart race.  The characters venture into dangerous situations and surroundings.  One scene in particular felt as if it was in slow motion, kind of like a bad dream when you’re running away from the monster or the bad guy.  Overall, this is a 10/10 story I could not put down.  My phone was literally glued to my hand when I got this story.

If you’re interested in checking out Lee’s pages, the links are below along with places you can get the Perception.


For now, thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment