Friday, May 19, 2017

Home is Where the Heartbreak is by Tess Oliver - Book Review

Home is Where the Heartbreak is Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing Home is Where the Heartbreak is by Tess Oliver.  I found this book in the young adult section on iBooks in the Top Free Books section.  Because of the mood I was still in when I read Stuck in the Moment, I knew that I had to read this book next.  Before I continue with my review, sorry about not posting for two weeks.  Because of school and it being the end of the semester, I had to focus on my schoolwork since that was way more important than working on my blog at that moment in time, since this is a hobby.  Anyways, on with my review!

About the Book:
Title: Home is Where the Heartbreak is
Author: Tess Oliver
Release Date: December 11, 2016
Series: Vacation Romance Collection #3
Genre: Romance
Pages: 183

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
After a five-year absence, seventeen-year-old Jessa has returned to her hometown of Pinecliff, a small mountain resort town where she’d left behind her two best friends, Chase and Nico. Growing up the three had been inseparable, and their close friendships had filled the void left by their dysfunctional families.

Jessa quickly discovers that the strong bonds with Chase and Nico still exist and she realizes that her emotional tie to Nico has developed into something more intense than friendship.

But just a few days after her return, Jessa discovers that not everyone in Pinecliff is happy to see her again.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book.  Chase, Nico, and Jessa’s friendship in the story really shows when Nico and Chase had gone their separate ways, after Jessa had left town.  Jessa was the girl who was able to mend that bridge that had fallen apart for Nico and Chase, and even though their relationship is still a little rocky, they’re able to put their differences aside for the one person that means so much to them.  That’s true friendship.  About halfway through story, you find out that Jess has a stalker.  I think this added a bit of mystery and intrigue to the story.  It left me in suspense, wondering what was going to happen next. Who was this “crazed” stalker? And why is Jessa this stalkers target?

One thing that I noticed very quickly was Nico’s feelings towards Jessa.  Even though Nico and Jessa started out as friends when they were younger, after five years apart with some of Nico’s demons that he’s faced in life, you can tell that just being with Jessa again, he’s the happiest he’s been in five years.  I loved the setting this story took place in, it was created very well and the character interaction in the story was very real.  Whenever I had a chance, I tried to read this book.  I did not want to put this book down.  If you like, sweet contemporary teen romance stories, then I think you will love Home is Where the Heart Break is.

If you're interested in checking out Tess's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment