Friday, June 9, 2017

Significance by Shelly Crane - Book Review

Significance Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! Today, I’ll be reviewing Significance is by Shelly Crane.  As many of you know, I like to go onto iBooks and randomly search for books.  Which I realize I do way too much because I always start off a post off by saying that.  Anyways, I had seen this book several times when I was there and I decided to give it a try and I'm really glad I did.

About the Book:
Title: Significance
Author: Shelly Crane
Release Date: August 3, 2011
Series: Significance #1
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 396

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Maggie is a seventeen year old girl who's had a bad year. Her mom left, her dad is depressed, she's graduating, barely, and her boyfriend of almost three years dumped her for a college football scholarship. Lately she thinks life is all about hanging on by a thread and is gripping tight with everything she has.

Then she meets Caleb.

She saves his life and instantly knows there's something about him that's intriguing but she is supposed to be on her way to a date with his cousin. But things change when they touch, sparks ignite. Literally. They imprint with each other and she sees their future life together flash before her eyes. She learns that not only is she his soul mate, and can feel his heartbeat in her chest, but there is a whole other world of people with gifts and abilities that she never knew existed. She herself is experiencing supernatural changes unlike anything she's ever felt before and she needs the touch of his skin to survive. Now, not only has her dad come out of his depression to be a father again, and a pain as well, but Caleb's enemies know he's imprinted and are after Maggie to stop them both from gaining their abilities and take her from him. Can Caleb save her or will they be forced to live without each other after just finding one another?

My Thoughts:
This book is now one of my many favorites.  This is an insta-love story, which I know some people don't like, but I think the author did an amazing job.  On her way to meet her friend, Kyle, she meets Caleb who was about to become road kill (Yes, you read that right).  Trying to keep his head down with earbuds in his ears, he almost walked into a truck turning the corner.  Caleb is a Virtuoso, which means that he and his family have the ability to meet/know who their soul mate is.  Now being a virtuoso, in addition to knowing who your sole mate is, you get these special powers, and the negative side affect is always having to being near your significant other because of your connection.  I think Caleb is a very sweet guy.  Maggie, after all of the heartache she’s been through, really deserves to be happy, to have some kind of joy in her life and I think Caleb was her shining light in her life.  Caleb’s family was super nice and very welcoming to Maggie too.  One thing that I thought was sweet was how devoted Caleb was to Maggie, even though they'd just met in the story.  That’s something I know everyone wished that they had, that special someone who would do anything for them and would always be there for them.

This book put a smile on my face.  Reading it gave me joy just because Caleb and Maggie were the inseparable couple, literally, and their relationship was super sweet and adorable.  The paranormal part of this story was very different from most of the paranormal characteristic that I’ve read in some books.  I think it was refreshing because it was different and it was written very well.  There were a couple of grammar/spelling errors in the story, but that’s beside the point, this book was amazing!

I’m going to leave this review here because, if I say anymore I will most likely end up saying some spoilers, which I don’t want to happen.  Anyways, I really suggest getting your hands on this book.  Hopefully, you love it as much as I do or even more so.  This was a sweet paranormal/fantasy contemporary story that I think and hope everyone will love.

If you're interested in checking out Shelly's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment