Friday, March 3, 2017

My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis - Book Review

My Boyfriend Merlin Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing My Boyfriend Merlin by Priya Ardis.  I had seen this book on iBooks several times and I kind of forgot about the book until I found it back in November and knew that I had to read it because it’s based around Merlin and the myths of Camelot.  Also, I used to watch the BBC version of Merlin and I loved that so, so much.  Anyways, I think I’m getting off topic here, back to my review.

About the Book:
Title: My Boyfriend Merlin
Author: Priya Ardis
Release Date: December 1, 2011
Series: My Merlin Series #1
Genre: Fairy Tales, Myths & Fables
Pages: 310

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
He was a little older than he was letting on. By a few eons... 
17 year-old Boston high-schooler Arriane, aka Ryan, DuLac just found out the guy she's been crushing on, hot biker Matt, is a little older than he was letting on. In fact, he is really Merlin--the Merlin, King Arthur's Merlin, the greatest wizard who ever lived. Frozen in a cave for over fifteen hundred years, he's woken for a purpose. But Ryan's not impressed. Tired of being a relationship loser, she'd rather kick his legendary behind.

Sure, the world has been crazy ever since the sword and the stone fell out of the sky like a meteor. But despite gruesome gargoyles, a deadly new world of magic, and the guy driving her crazy, Ryan knows that family is everything. Will Merlin sacrifice hers to save the world? Will she be able to stop him?

My Thoughts:
This book is amazing!  I loved the whole aspect of the story itself, it’s based around the myth of Camelot in a new 21st century setting with a little bit of a twist.  I think the author did an amazing job adapting the story to fit her storyline on how she wanted to retell the story in current times.  I love the detail of the story.  I could envision the detail of the character’s setting, the monsters chasing them, and the character’s dialogue that involved their attitude towards a situation.  Ryan is a very strong female character.  She’s brave and tries to face situations head on in a “get it done” attitude, which is something I like characters to have.

Now the funniest part about the story was Matt and Vane.  The author decided to give Matt a brother.  Vane is the exact opposite of Merlin.  I think it fit the story because it gave that brother rivalry over Ryan.  Now the book title indicates that Merlin, AKA Matt, is Ryan’s boyfriend.  Not one hundred percent true, but the rivalry that I mention is because they dislike each other, but it gives the story more character because both Matt and Vane like Ryan.  Even though the first story the author is leaning more towards one character, I won’t say who because of spoilers, I still have hope for the other character and Ryan to get together.

If you guys are interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment