Saturday, February 25, 2017

Happy 1-Year Blogiversary to The Little Book Spy


How’s it going everyone!  I hope you’re all doing well on this fine Saturday.  Now, I know I normally post one blog post/book review once every Friday.  But, today's post is something very different from an update.  As you can see from the image above...

 
πŸŽ‰It’s my very first blog-iversary!πŸŽ‰

A year ago today, I created my blog, which was previously called Books for Life!  I changed the name because Books for Life was bland and boring and it was never going to be a permanent name, when I first created my blog.  It was a spur of the moment name that I had and I knew it was going to change when I came up with a better name.  I just didn’t expect it to take almost 9 months, from February to October, for me to come up with a permanent name.  I wanted something that was more personal to me.  For anyone new to my blog, I have mentioned on my Twitter account that I’ve written, but not yet published, a teen spy book.  Because I’m extremely quiet and sometimes feel very stealthy when I’m on Twitter, since I don’t talk much, the name The Little Book Spy literally fit me to a perfect T.  It took me a total of 35 names, that name being the 34th name on the list, before deciding this was my blog’s new name.

In addition to my blog, back in January, I had to change the domain name and all of my other social media @ names to littlebookspy.  I had debated about changing it previously, but never really wanted to.  Until I realized that I actually didn't have a choice, it was something that I had to do.  I did some research on my previous name and discovered something not so nice about the previous name, which led me to this sudden change on January 24th.  I was going to write a separate post for this, but I'm adding it here since I can reflect on both the good and the bad of my blogging/social media experience.  Also, there isn't really that much to tell.  I won't go into detail about why specifically, but let's just say it made complete sense why I had some problems with my blog/social media accounts.  In addition, to my blog's previous domain name, it was owned by someone else before they shut their blog down, that didn't help matters either πŸ˜’.

Now, on to something a little less negative, there have been many things that I’ve learned over the year.  A lot of them were fun, exciting and new.  While some things I didn't really care for... (I'm not going into detail about anything negative).  Not only have I been able to keep up with a schedule that I've tried to set up, I’ve also had fun doing my blog as well.  I know many of my posts are book reviews, since I've read a lot, but I’m still new and trying to get a feel for things book blogging wise.  When I created my book blog, my main focus was about sharing good books that I've read and loved, which will always be my main priority.  I’ve tried to do My Bookish Thoughts for some random things that may or may not be book related, but I’m still trying to think of new ideas on what I can do without scrapping them.  Since I don’t know if it’ll be interesting to anyone or if I’m just rambling away endlessly/digressing without a point to what I’m talking about (I do this a lot by the way!).

But to everyone reading, I just want to say, thank you.  Thank you to everyone who’s stuck around and encouraged me in book blogging.  From the bottom of my heart, or my TBR pile πŸ˜‹, I’m really glad that Jordan encouraged me to create my own blog in the very beginning.  Hopefully, going into my second year of blogging, I can try and do something new, I don’t know.  I’m just throwing it out there, I haven’t really decided on anything or thought up any new ideas.

Anyways, I’m going to leave this post here because I don’t want to keep digressing and wasting anyone's time reading this super long post. Thank you everyone for reading.  Have a good rest of your weekend.  If you haven't already, go check out my previous book review In Between by Jenny B. Jones.

Until next time!

2 comments: