Friday, February 3, 2017

The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard - Book Review

The Forgotten Ones Book Cover
How’s it going everyone! Today, I'll be reviewing The Forgotten Ones by Laura Howard.  I gotten the sample for this book a long, long time ago and downloaded it because I had previously planed on reading it after I finished reading a previous book.  It wasn't until October had came around when I realized that I never got around to reading it.  I also didn’t realize this book was really short.  When I opened it, the only thought that went though my mind after I discovered it in the lost abyss called my iBooks library was, why didn't I read this sooner?

About the Book:
Title: The Forgotten Ones
Author: Laura Howard
Release Date: January 23, 2015
Series: The Danaan Trilogy #1
Genre: Children's Ficton
Pages: 196

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Allison's plan is to go to grad school so she can get a good job and take care of her schizophrenic mother. She has carefully closed herself off from everything else, including a relationship with Ethan, who she's been in love with for as long as she can remember.


What is definitely not part of the plan is the return of her long-lost father, who claims he can bring Allison's mother back from the dark place her mind has gone. Allison doesn't trust her father, so why would she believe his fairy tale about a long forgotten Irish people, the Tuatha de Danaan? But truths have a way of revealing themselves. Secrets will eventually surface. And Allison must learn to set aside her plan and work with her father if there is even a small chance it could restore her mother's sanity.

My Thoughts:
This story was amazing!  I love the characters, the scenery, the history of the Danaan, everything about this story was really amazing.  The main character, Allison, is the kind of character that some people can relate to.  She’s smart, a book lover, and she will do anything for the people she loves.  One character that I have to mention was Aodhan, who you meet halfway through the book, he was supposed to be portrayed as this big, bald, scary kind of guy.  But his actions showed the exact opposite.  Aodhan was like a big teddy bear, who had a soft spot of Allison and other humans because of his past.  Like how a father would protect his daughter, or how a half Danaan/human would protect humans from the tricks of the Danaan.

The history of the Danaan in this story was really interesting to me.  Who they were, how they can affect people, and their abilities/powers were really cool.  The Tuatha de Danaan’s world was described like it was a more vibrant, colorful version of earth.  If this place were real, I would love visit it, I'd be able to write and stare at the beautiful surrounding which would really help my creativity.  This story takes you on an adventure that you will never forget.

I'm sorry that this review is shorter and less detailed than my some of my other reviews, but if I say anymore, I feel like I might give away the entire book.  I definitely suggest reading this book, as you experience a story with adventure, a little bit of romance, and the reconnection of family.


If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.



Thank you guys so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment