Friday, February 17, 2017

Just Breathe by Heather Allen - Book Review

Just Breathe Book Cover
How’s it going everyone.  Today, I’ll be reviewing Just Breathe by Heather Allen.  After searching through the depths of iBooks, I randomly found this book about mermaids and I’m super glad I found this book.

About the Book:
Title: Just Breathe
Author: Heather Allen
Release Date: November 12, 2012
Series: Just Breathe #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 272

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Ever Harding, an average teenager with a passion for swimming is about to turn eighteen. Out of the blue she has been dumped by her long time boyfriend, which is the ultimate of tragedies in her life. Little does she know that on that fated eighteenth birthday, she will have to make a choice that will change her life as she knows it, forever.

A month before her birthday, Ever meets Jack, a mysterious new boy with mesmerizing eyes. He affects her like no one else. This meeting sets things into a whirlwind she never would have dreamed. With Jack's guidance she discovers a family line that leads her to the sea. She must make the ultimate choice, stay on land where life as she knows it, won't change, or go and live in the sea as a mermaid with Jack.

Ultimately her choice sets into motion an even bigger decision, in which she has the fate of a race of people, in her hands. The people in the sea are in a feud, she will tip the balance. She must battle the ageless moral dilemma of prejudice and race. Once she comes to terms with her life changing choices, she must ask herself, did I make the right decisions? And Is Jack really who I think he is?

My Thoughts:
This book was amazing.  The character, Ever, is one of those characters that has those kinds of remarks like, “Great.  Moving on.”  It’s the side commentary that I would normally adlib when I’m reading, so seeing the author put that into the story, not only gave the character more personality, it gave the character a sense of humor.  The story was really grasping, it kept me so enthralled that I didn’t want to put it down.  Jack throughout the story was something I think a lot of girls would swoon over.  He’s sweet, kind, and charming, it’s hard to not like him.  The twist and turns of the story kept you, as the reader, intrigued and curious and the writing was very easy to get into.  I really suggest reading this book.  If you like reading about mermaids, this will most definitely be the book for you.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment