Friday, March 24, 2017

Everblue by Brenda Pandos - Book Review

Everblue Book Cover
How’s it going everyone!  I hope you’re all having a great day.  Today, I’ll be reviewing Everblue by Brenda Pandos.  This is another book that I had lost on my TBR list and finally got around to reading back in December.  After reading Just Breathe, I wanted to read another mermaid book because I was still in the mood and that was when I remember that Brenda Pandos, who also wrote The Emerald Talisman, had written a mermaid book so I instantly knew what I was going to be reading next.

About the Book:
Title: Everblue
Author: Brenda Pandos
Release Date: August 29, 2014
Series: Mer Tales #1
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 322

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
She wanted her life to change ... he wanted his to stay the same.

Seventeen-year-old Ashlyn Lanski is tired of her boring, single life. Swimming and spending time with Tatiana, her best friend, are her only sanctuary. The girls plan to leave their drab lakeside town far behind for college, and Ash hopes to finally ditch her longtime crush for Finley, Tatiana's twin brother. But when Tatiana and her family fail to return home after a family emergency, Ashlyn makes an irrational decision to deal with her loss of them.

Finley Helton and his family are good at blending in with humans as they run their sailing charter business in Lake Tahoe. The truth is they guard an ancient secret. When a not so routine meeting forces Finley, Tatiana and their mother to return to their underwater home of Natatoria, they learn Fin's father will lead a dangerous mission. They must stay in Natatoria and wait for his return, but Fin can't stay caged up for long.

Secrets lurk beneath the deep blue waters of Lake Tahoe, and a simple lifesaving kiss will change their lives forever.

My Thoughts:
This book was another one of my favorites.   It flips between the two main characters, Ashlyn and Fin.  Both of these characters have a crush on each other in the very beginning, but with Finley's secret that made things a little more challenging.  Throughout the entire story, I don’t think I could stop smiling.  Tatiana had one of those personalities that would make you know that she’s a very good friend and is one that won’t take no for an answer.  One thing that I thought was clever was having two different story lines for these characters fall into place.  They both had their own problems that they faced in the story, Ashlyn with her wanting to discover why Finley and Tatiana’s haven’t returned home and why she has no way of contact them.  Then Fin who wanted to return home and escape Natatoria.  This story put me on the edge of my seat as Fin pretty much broke a ton of rules, like leaving Natatoria when he wasn’t supposed to because of "the rules".  But I believe some of the rules in Fin’s world are meant to be broken!  The story, the two very different worlds, and the characters are all written amazing.  It was slow paced at first, but I think it gave me as a reader time to understand each character and who they were before their stories were tied together.  I loved this book so much and hopefully you will too!

If you're interested in checking out Brenda's pages, the links are below along with where you can get the book.


Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion and I will see you all next time.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you don't find too many mermaid books nowadays, so I'm glad you loved this one so much! It's definitely a new one for me :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete