Monday, February 7, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up – January 2022


Happy February y'all! We're done with the first month of the New Year and I cannot believe it! Even though it felt slow for a large portion of the time, it sure did fly by quickly near the end. As February rolls around, not only am I going to look back at January, I have some exciting news to share too! So let's get started!

Books I've Finished
These Hollow Vows Book Cover 
  1. These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan (5 Stars ⭐)
  2. Riden's Chapter by Tricia Levenseller (5 Stars ⭐)
For the New Year, my reading was going great for the first week. But it's already slacking! At the moment, I finished 1 book, while the other was a short chapter that I breezed through quickly. Goodreads decided to count it as my 2nd book of the year, so I'm going with it and allowing it to count as well.

The first book I read this year was These Hollow Vows by Lexi Ryan, which was a fantastic start to my reading year, it was so good and hopefully that review will be coming soon. Then I read Riden's Chapter by Tricia Levenseller. Back when  Daughter of the Siren Queen was available for pre-order, Tricia had written an alternate POV for the first chapter in Daughter of the Pirate King. As a thank you, she gave it to readers who pre-ordered Daughter of the Siren Queen. After enough time had gone by she released it publicly on her website and linked it to Goodreads. I knew I had to read it because I loved the Daughter of the Pirate King duology. Even if it was short, I decided to count it on my Goodreads Reading Goal anyways since there was no harm in reading something smaller than most of the books on my TBR.

TV Shows I've Watched
 
  1. Abyss (K-Drama)
I waited until almost the very end of the month to do it, but I tried to finish up the k-drama I was watching called Abyss. It was definitely an interesting show and it had a ton of action pack scenes and mystery. I have yet to finish the final episode, but I'm hoping to finish it up before the end of February.

Games I've Played
  
  
      
  1. Stardew Valley (w/ Friends)
  2. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (w/ Jordan)
  3. Dead by Daylight (w/ Jordan)
  4. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  5. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  6. Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for Danger (Streamed on Twitch @DJTwinGamers)
  7. Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island (Streamed on Twitch)
  8. Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake (Streamed on Twitch)
  9. Garden Paws (w/ Jordan)
  10. Cluedo (w/ Jordan & Streamed on Twitch)
  11. Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy (Streamed on Twitch)
  12. Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill (Original) (Streamed on Twitch)
I played way more games than I think I even realized. Besides playing a little bit of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One, and Stardew Valley. However, Jordan and I have been streaming a ton of the Nancy Drew video game series over on Twitch. Currently, we have a goal of hitting 50 followers. If we hit that goal on or before April 1st, our very first day we streamed on Twitch back in 2018, we would play our least liked Nancy Drew games, Ransom of the Seven Ships. We're very close to that number so if you want to help us reach our goal of 50 followers, then consider giving us a follow, our account is called DJTwinGamers. We are mainly streaming Nancy Drew games at the moment, but we're hoping to expand to other games soon.

Blog Posts
Book Reviews:
Cast in Firelight Book Cover
  1. Cast in Firelight by Dana Swift
Other Posts:
    
  1. My 2022 Reading and Book Blogging Goals
  2. Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge 2022
  3. WWW Wednesday #6
  4. Can't Wait Wednesday #26 – Wind Daughter by Joanna Ruth Meyer
Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do during the first month of the New Year? What is your current reading goal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment