Thursday, January 6, 2022

Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge 2022


Have you ever completed a reading challenge? Do you see these types of bookish reading challenges floating around social media like Book Twitter, Bookstagram, or another form of social media? I've tried to do them in the past, but I wasn't very successful at them in the beginning. However, this year, I'm rolling up my sleeves and stepping up to the plate to complete the Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge 2022. The Beat the Backlist Reading Challenge is hosted by Austine Decker. This reading challenge has been going on for several years and I'm so happy to be able to join this year!

My Beat the Backlist 2022 Reading Goal:
Unlike my Goodreads Reading Goal, which I discussed in my previous blog post, this reading goal is a little bit different. For those who don't know, my 2022 reading goal is 25 books total. If I'm lucky, maybe I can increase my goal to 30 or more. Who knows, that would be absolutely amazing! However, I digress. Without getting off topic, this year I have a big number of backlisted books that I would love to read. I feel like I'm always behind when it comes to reading books that everyone has loved. Now, I think it's finally time I get started, metaphorically speaking, and start cracking those spines!

For those who don't know or are unfamiliar with the term. A backlisted book is any book not published in the current year, which is different from new releases.

For example, books published in 2021 or older would be considered Backlisted.

While books published in 2022 would be considered a New Release.

Personally, I intend to make at least half or more of my books (15-16 at minimum based on my current reading goal) backlisted. Thankfully, I have a ton of backlisted books on my physical and digital TBR that I would love to read this year. I know for sure that I will have plenty to read. Now all I can pray for is no reading slumps. I'm also thankful that I don't have a ton new release books coming out this year that I'd like to read, which I think helps my goal tremendously.

I don't know what my specific set-in-stone TBR will be. I'm a very big mood reader so whatever book I do choose to read will vary. If I could show a list of my backlisted TBR, that page would probably go on for miles long. However, since I don't have that, if you would like to follow my 2022 Backlist Reading Goal, I've set up a Goodreads Shelf dedicated to my Backlisted books for 2022. I'll be saving each and every 2022 Backlisted book there. I will do a follow up post here in a few months to talk about my current progress and to show of the books I've already added to this challenge, so fingers crossed that I can have a good amount of backlisted books already marked off on my TBR in the next few months!

Thank you all so much for reading! Will you be joining in on this reading challenge? Is there another reading challenge you're doing instead? Do you read more new release books or backlisted books throughout the year? Let's chat!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment