Saturday, January 1, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up – December 2021


Happy New Year! I cannot believe today is the start of a new chapter and a New Year. The year 2021 has definitely been a wild ride or hectic, to say the least, with things going on in my life both bookish and non-bookish. However, before I focus on 2022, I would like to reflect back on the final month of December 2021 with my Monthly Wrap-Up. Let's jump right in!

Books I've Finished
The Last Legacy Book Cover 
  1. The Last Legacy by Adrienne Young (5 Stars ⭐)
  2. The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (5 Stars ⭐)
For the first time in what feels like forever, I finally finished 2 books last month and I was able to complete my reading goal within the nick of time! Honestly, I still can't believe that 2021 is already over. I'm praying that I can avoid all reading slumps in 2022 and possibly read more books that I did this year.

The first book I finished was The Last Legacy by Adrienne Young. I knew for sure that before the year ended, I wanted to finish this book. And since I was running really short on reading time, I decided to pick up The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I breezed through the first book, The Inheritance Games, last December, so I thought it would be perfect to end my year on a nice and easy mystery book. Little did I know that I would read it so quickly. And for me, my reading normally takes 2-weeks minimum, this book only took me about a week. I cannot wait for the final book in that series called, The Final Gambit to be released. I'm excited to see how it all ends!

TV Shows I've Watched
  
  1. The K2 (K-Drama)
  2. Abyss (K-Drama)
  3. The Witcher
When it comes to TV shows, time has not been on my side, but I was able to watch a few things in between procrastinating reading my books. First, I finished watching The K2, which I had 1 episode left to finish from November. Then, I got through most of the episodes of the k-drama Abyss with only 2 episodes left. I might try to finish the show in January though. And finally, I decided to dive back into The Witcher since Season 2 was released. I'm currently trying to get through Season 1, so maybe next month I'll finish it in January as well.

Games I've Played
      
  
  1. Dead by Daylight
  2. Stardew Valley (w/ Friends)
  3. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  4. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  5. Detroit: Become Human
  6. Clue/Cluedo (w/ Jordan)
  7. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (w/ Jordan)
  8. Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion (Speedrun Competition; w/ Jordan)
I played a lot more games than I realized this month. Besides doing some small things in AC Syndicate and Valhalla, Stardew Valley with friend, Dead by Daylight with Jordan, and getting a little bit farther into my second play through of Detroit: Become Human. I spent quite a few evenings and hours playing Cluedo with Jordan on our iPads since it was convent to play while I was either read my ebook on my computer and she finished knitting a blanket. Also Jordan and I decided to join a speed run challenge that was being ran by a Nancy Drew fan over on Instagram (@Nancy.Drew.Nerd). It was super fun! However, when trying to play that game fast, our brains kicked into overdrive, which was a challenge. Especially for the stuff that should have been easy to remember. We ended up making it more challenging than it was supposed to be, but we still had fun nonetheless. Also, we got Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Deluxe Edition for Christmas. I cannot wait to go back to playing in January. It's such a fun game so far!

Blog Posts
Other Posts:
  1. Can't Wait Wednesday #23 – Violet Made of Thorns by Gina Chen
  2. Can't Wait Wednesday #24 – Cold the Night, Fast the Wolves by Meg Long
  3. Can't Wait Wednesday #25 – Forging Silver Into Stars by Brigid Kemmerer
Thank you all so much for reading! I'm looking forward to the New Year and what's to come in 2022! 

Make sure if you want to keep up to date on my latest post to follow my blog or social media. I post my blog posts on my Twitter, while I post my bookish pictures on my Bookstagram. On the right side, I have blog buttons that can take you directly to those pages as well. Or you can go to my handy-dandy LinkTree where I've added all of my important links in order to help make it easier to share on my social media pages.

What did you do for the final month of 2021? Did you make your reading goal? Let me know down below so we can chat!

Until next then,

No comments:

Post a Comment