Thursday, September 30, 2021

The Literary Witches Readathon - Books I'll Be Reading


Have you ever joined a readathon? Well, to tell you the truth, I surprisingly haven't. After being in the blogging world since 2016, I've never attempted a readathon, even though I've wanted too so badly. Back then, my schedule was always so packed. With college done and my free time increased, I've finally decided to join my first readathon! I'm so excited to be able to participate in one that is based on witches and I cannot wait to get started! Let's jump right in with some background info, my spell/ritual of choice, and the books I've chosen to read!

The Literary Witches Readathon, created by Karolína (@Reading_Feast) and Madie (@MadMadMadiee), is a Instagram based readathon where us "witches" take on spells/rituals for our witchy reading. This readathon lasts the whole month of October, October 1st through the 31st, and I cannot wait for it to begin. While some of these spells/rituals include books, others may involve different tasks that aren't book related. If you scroll through the link I provided, you can see all of the spells/rituals available to complete.

For my choice of spell, I have decided to complete the "Spell to Find Your Familiar." I decided for my spell, I wanted it to be solely book based. I had a lot more books I want to get through and I think this is the perfect opportunity for me to try and read a ton of books that I would love to finish before the end of the year.

Spell to Find Your Familiar 
Kingdom of the Cursed Book Cover
Animal Hair ~ A Book with Mythical Creatures
Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco

Lakesedge Book Cover
A Mirror ~ A Retelling
Lakesedge by Lyndall Clipstone

 The Last Legacy Book Cover
Tiger’s Eye ~ A Book with a Fierce Protagonist
The Last Legacy by Adrienne Young

Legendary Book Cover
A Ribbon ~ The Next Book in a Series
Legendary by Stephanie Garber

The Nature of Witches Book Cover
Ink ~ A Book That Was Recommended to You
The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin

I cannot wait for this readathon to begin! I hope I can read all of these books next month. However, my only problem with my reading, as of recently, is holding myself accountable for actually getting the reading done. Still, I'm going to try as best as I can to get through at least 3 of these prompts.

So, are you interested in joining the Literary Witches Readathon? If you are, comment down below, and let the hosts know that you want to participate to by commenting on their Instagram post! If you want to follow along on my Literary Witches Readathon progress, I'll be posting updates on my Instagram (@LittleBookSpy) and saving them to my highlights if you miss them.

In addition, I'll be sharing some autumn/Halloween themed bookstagram pictures as well to get into the spooky Halloween spirit. Halfway through the month, I'll write a blog post to update on my current progress and another post by the time the Readathon ends. I know I won't be able to get through all of the books listed above, but it'll be super fun to try!

Thank you all so much for reading! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment