Monday, October 4, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up – September 2021


Happy October! We're two months away from 2021 being over and I honestly can't believe it. Where did the time go? The days are beginning to grow shorter and soon it will be the new year before we all know it. September wasn't as busy like previous months, I was able to read some really good books, write a few book review and blog posts.  Let's jump right in with my September monthly wrap up!

Books I Finished
Tides: Paj & Auster Book Cover A Dance with the Fae King Book Cover Defy the Night Book Cover
  1. Tides: Paj & Auster by Adrienne Young (5 Stars ⭐)
  2. A Dance with the Fae Prince by Elise Kova (5 Stars ⭐)
  3. Defy the Night by Brigid Kemmerer (5 Stars ⭐)
I'm so thankful to say that my nightmare of a summer reading slump is gone! I got to read two wonderful books and a novella last month. I'm honestly stoked that I was able to get through that many. Next month, I'm hoping to read a lot more books, but we'll see how it goes! Even though I'm participating in the Literary Witches Readathon, only time will tell if I can achieve this goal!

TV Shows I've Watched
  1. Big Brother (Season 23 & Live Feeds)
Surprisingly, I only watched 1 show last month, which was Big Brother. However, this was the final month of the season since it concluded on September 29th. This season was very enjoyable and it was definitely a different experience compared to the previous seasons before. I'm looking forward to Big Brother 24 and what the new houseguests bring into BB next!

Games I Played
         
  1. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (w/ Friends)
  3. The Council (w/ Friends)
  4. Detroit: Become Human
  5. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (w/ Raenna)
  6. Assassin's Creed Unity
  7. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  8. Dead by Daylight (w/ Jordan)
  9. ANNO 1800
I was able to get to quite a few games last month. While some games I briefly played, I was able to somewhat finish two the games listed above. First, I finished played Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, which was definite a fun game! Then, I finished my second play through of the main story in Assassin's Creed Unity. Personally, I feel so bad for Arno's character and everything that he's gone through. It was just one bad thing after another for him.

Last month, I did attempt to play three different games that I didn't list above for a few reasons. The first game was Sir, You Are Being Hunted. I wanted to play with Jordan and Raenna on a private local server, however that was broken so we never got the chance to play. Another game that I tried to play was Torn on the PSVR using my PS5.  For that game, let's just say the graphics on the PSVR are not great and I continued to have a lot of issued getting the game to not glitch me into a piano and/or wall... The third game I tried to play with Jordan and Raenna was The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan. We attempted to replay and get the awards and have everyone survive at the end. However after hitting the wrong button (multiple times) and not being able to replay one specific scene that we wanted to fix and retry, it didn't work too well and we all decided it was better to end our play though.

Blog Posts
Book Reviews:
The Girl the Sea Gave Back Book Cover A Heart So Fierce and Broken Book Cover A Dress for the Wicked Book Cover
  1. The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young
  2. A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
  3. A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause
Other Posts:
Thank you all so much for reading! What did you do last month? Is there a book or game that you're looking forward to next month? Let's chat! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment