Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Literary Witches Readathon - Reading Progress


Happy Wednesday everyone! We're already past halfway through the month of October and it has definitely been hectic to say the least. With that in mind, we're also at the halfway point for The Literary Witches Readathon. So far, things have been unpredictable, busy and exhausting, but I'm hopeful for the final days leading up into November.

Ingredients I've Collected/Are Still Collecting So Far
Lakesedge Book Cover Kingdom of the Cursed Book Cover
  1. A Mirror ~ A Retelling ~ Lakesedge by Lyndall Clipstone
  2. Animal Hair ~ A Book with Mythical Creatures ~ Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco
My reading progress has been extremely slow, which I kind of expected, but I have hope for the next 12 days. So far, I've finished Lakesedge.  However, that book didn't fit the prompt like I thought it had. I assumed the book was loosely based on Phantom of the Opera based on the description, but it was based on the atmosphere... Whoops! Now, I'm starting Kingdom of the Cursed! Even though we're halfway through the month, I hoped to be a little bit farther in my reading and to have been starting my third book. However, my schedule has been really busy the last week so I kind of expected that to happen, but in all honesty, I'm excited to start reading my most anticipated book of 2021.

Ingredients I Still Need to Collect
The Last Legacy Book Cover The Nature of Witches Book Cover Legendary Book Cover
  1. Tiger’s Eye ~ A Book with a Fierce Protagonist ~ The Last Legacy by Adrienne Young
  2. A Ribbon ~ The Next Book in a Series ~ Legendary by Stephanie Garber
  3. Ink ~ A Book That Was Recommended to You ~ The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin
Currently, I have 3 more books that I would like to read for the challenge, however, I probably won't get to all of them this month. Most likely after I finish Kingdom of the Cursed, I'm going to start The Last Legacy and hopefully get 3 of 5 books finished, but that means I need to speed read KOTC because I have less than two weeks to try to complete that goal. The only thing I can say is– wish me luck!


Thank you all so much for reading! Are you participating in a readathon or a different kind of bookish event this month? If so, what is it? What books have you currently read so far this month? Let's chat! Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment