Monday, December 28, 2020

My Christmas 2020 Book Haul

Hello friends, Christmas has come and gone (as sad as it is to say goodbye to the festive season) and I thought it would be fun to share my Christmas Book Haul! I've never done one of these types of posts before, but it's always fun to write a new and different type of post like this. This year, I got/bought so many books! (Yes, I gifted myself books because why not?). So today, I'm sharing my Christmas book haul!

With the number of books that I now have, I get the fun of trying to organize them and finding a place for them. This means, I'm on a book buying ban and I'm no longer allowed to buy any more books for the foreseeable future because I'm running out of room and I don't have a bookshelf that would fit them! My little shelf is going to be very heavy with not only my current books, but my new books that are going to be added to the pile...  To be honest, the only books I'm allowing myself to buy are books that are a part of a series that I know I'm going to read

Anyways, here's the list of all of my new books!

Spin the Dawn Book Cover Unravel the Dusk Book Cover The Beautiful Book Cover The Damned Book Cover
Shadow and Bone Book Cover Siege and Storm Book Cover Ruin and Rise Book Cover
A Curse So Dark and Lonely Book Cover 
  1. Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
  2. Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim
  3. The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh
  4. The Damned by Renée Ahdieh
  5. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  6. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
  7. Ruin and Rise by Leigh Bardugo
  8. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
  9. A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
I bought and received so many books (#1-4 and #8-9 were all my purchases, #5-7 were gifts). One thing that I've been wanting to do recently is grow my own physical library based on the eBooks that I've read and loved, I thought it would be great to add them to my shelf. In addition, I decided to take some chances on some new books that I wanted to read and bought the hardcovers since I found them for a really good price.

For the not so good news, I will admit, I was kind of mad at the publisher of Shadow and Bone trilogy for putting non-removable stickers on Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm covers. Somehow, Ruin and Rising got lucky and didn't come with a sticker on the cover, but I wish all of them didn’t have this! Non-removable sticks is probably one of my biggest pet peeves about books because it ruins the beautiful cover.

Now, I didn't mention that there are some books that I have yet to read.  Those books are: The Beautiful and The Damned by Renée Ahdieh, and A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer. I’m honestly looking forward to reading them and possibly rereading some of the previous books that are on this list. I also got some very cute bookmarks that are called Livin in Harmony Bookmarks and some beautiful Japanese flower drawn bookmarks too. There were so many bookmarks in both of these packs combined, I'll have bookmarks forever. Overall, this year was a very bookish Christmas!


Thank you all so much for reading! What books did you get for Christmas? Was there anything that you wanted that you received as a gift?  Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment