Friday, July 12, 2019

The Currently Reading Book Tag


Hello everyone!  I hope you're all having a lovely day.  Today, I though it would be fun to do another bookish tag called the Currently Reading Book Tag!  I saw this tag over at Emily's blog, Emily the Book Nerd.  I haven't done that many bookish tags this year since so I thought it would be a good change of posts, just to mix it up a little (especially since my reading has been so slow this year).  Anyways, let's jump in!

1. How many books do you usually read at once?
I used to read one book at a time and would just move onto the next book when I was done. Recently though, I've ended up reading 4 books at a time.  I've gotten into a bad habit of starting new books without finishing my previous ones.

2. How do you decide when to switch between multiple reads?
Honestly, I don't know how I switch between my multiple reads.  I guess I would have to say, whatever book I'm in the mood for is the book I'll pick up.

3. Do you ever switch bookmarks partially through a book?
I don't think I've ever switched using bookmarks partially through a book.  Now, unless the bookmark broke then I might switch it out, but that's rare since I read a ton of eBooks.

4. Where do you keep the books you are currently reading?
I don't necessarily have a place where I would keep the books I'm reading.  Besides carrying around my iPad with me when I'm at home, which is where all of my books are normally stored, I'll leave my physical book on my bookshelf or I leave it on my desk.

5. What time of day do you read the most?
I read the most at night.  I'm a night owl by heart so I have tended to read during the middle of the night, when I should be sleeping.  I wish I could spend more time in the afternoon with my cup of coffee and my book, but I get busy so I'm more likely to read just before bed.

6. How long do you typically read in one session?
Uh... That depends. In general I might read for 2-3 hours if I get lucky enough to read that long, but mainly 2 hours or less is my main.

7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jackets off?
I actually have to take the dust jackets off of hardback books.  The last hardback I got slightly annoyed with the cover constantly moving I had to leave it off until I was done reading it.

8. What position do you mainly use to read?
I have to sit up while reading.  I'll take up one of the corners on the couch and be all set to read!

9. Do you take your current read with you everywhere you go?
I always take my current read with me on the go, as long as its an eBook and I have my phone with me.  However, if its a physical book, then I'm leaving it at home so it doesn't end up getting ruined.

10. How often do you update your Goodreads reading progress?
I believe I've said this in a past post, but I don't actually have a Goodreads.  Instead, I created my own Numbers sheet (Excel Sheet) and I constantly update it with the books that I am reading or hope to read next.  I end up updating my sheet daily.

Thank you all so much for reading.  If you're interested in doing this tag, then consider yourself tagged!  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! It's so interesting seeing other peoples habits while reading. I also have to read a hardcover without the dust jacket for the same reason as you. I hate having the cover be bent too.

    New follower!
    bookstune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete