Friday, December 7, 2018

The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright - Book Review

The Heir and the Spare Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright.  When I was on iBook's Top YA Chart, I saw this book and immediately downloaded a sample of the book.  I've been searching high and low for more royalty like books and I quickly made this book a priority on my to read next list!

About the Book:
Title: The Heir and the Spare
Author: Emily Albright
Release Date: December 4, 2015
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 290

My Rating: 5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Going all the way to England for college--to Oxford, no less--would be exciting enough. But no sooner does Evie set foot on English soil than she falls for a boy who turns out to be a real prince--in fact, second in line to the throne of England. Edmund is wonderful, even though loving him can be a royal pain, from the demands of his family to the stuck-up aristocrat who thinks she should be the one to win Edmund's heart. All that is swept aside, however, when the riddle of Evie's past surfaces, and the new couple becomes obsessed with figuring out who the real Evie is, with the growing suspicion that the truth will be a shocker.

My Thoughts:
I will be completely honest, books like this are like kryptonite for me.  I love royal stories like this book, and I was instantly head over heels when I started reading.  Its was a fun and amazing story full of scandal and romance.  I loved Evie, she knew how to stand her ground when others tried to belittle her, she was also very down to earth and honest, which made her a very likable character.  Edmund is an incredibly charming character, he was extremely sweet and kind.  Evie and Edmund's relationship was written pretty well.  There were times when it got a little rocky, but they always found their way back to each other, even with all of the obstacles that stood in their way.  All of Evie and Edmund's friends in the story: Suzy, Caroline, Marissa and Preston were all fun characters too.  They were always supportive of everyone in their little group and were really great friends.  One thing I found interesting was the letters that Evie would receive from her mother, who had passed away several years earlier.  I liked the letters and it added a new element to the story, but it was very easy to predict what would happen with the part of the storyline when it came to Evie knowing who she really was.  It wasn't a main focus point of the story until the very end, after she knows and how it affects her life moving forward.  Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book and I recommend checking it out!

If you're interested in checking out Emily's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed my review/suggestion. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment