Friday, November 2, 2018

True Light by G. Bailey - Book Review

True Light Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing True Light by G. Bailey.  I've been wanting to read something different recently to step away from the normal romance/contemporary stories, so I went in search to find something different.  I saw this book on Amazon's best seller list and it made me intrigued to what the story was about.

About the Book:
Title: True Light
Author: G. Bailey
Release Date: July 31, 2018
Series: From the Stars #1
Genre: Paranormal
Pages: 242
Age: 17 & up

My Rating: 2/5 ⭐️

Summary:
With sharing the true light, there is always a cost.

Aura Scott didn’t want to move house, but her father didn’t give her a choice when he wanted an escape after the car accident that nearly killed them both. Trying to survive in a literal ghost town is never fun, but add in the neighbours from hell, well it’s becoming a nightmare.

Maxx and his brother have dark secrets, and Aura might want to run when she finds out the truth.
When two strangers move into Maxx’s house across the street, Aura finds out there is more than just secrets to be frightened of.

When light appears, so does darkness…

My Thoughts:
Sadly, I didn't care for this book.  The story overall had very good ideas and it made me very curious and super interested, but there were a few problems that I had while reading.  The story had a ton of potential, but it was very dry when it came to the story and how it was presented.  I felt like the characters continued to shrug off the story and they gave a "whatever, who cares?" kind of vibe.  This made made me wonder what the story was supposed to be about because I didn't really know.  In addition, the characters who knew what was going on continued to ignore the questions that Aura had, which meant the readers were also left hanging.  I felt clueless while reading because the story wasn't telling me what was going on, it was almost as if they assumed that I knew what was going on, when I didn't.  They tried to keep me, as the reader, in suspense on what was going to happen next, when it did the complete opposite.  The characters in the story were unique in their own ways with their personalities, but they were kind of confined.  I did liked how Aura and Maxx battered with each other in the beginning, but sometimes it was ridicules because they just continued to insult each other, kiss and act real comfortable with one another, then fight all over again.  It was very wishy-washy.  Here's where the age rating comes in.  The rating says 17 and up, but the most that this book had was swearing, which isn't too bad compared to some other books that I've read in the past who have gotten lower age ratings with different content.

Normally, I don't criticize writing errors in a story, because it happens and sometimes one, two, or maybe three might get overlooked, but this one sadly had quite a few.  Sometimes certain sentences said two different things, some sentences repeated each other and said it two different ways, and a few others.  Overall, I didn't care for this book at all.

Thank you all so much for reading.  Because of my rating for the book, I'm not going to leave any links, but if you're interested in reading this book for yourself, you can find it on Amazon. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment