Friday, May 25, 2018

The Summer Book Tag


How's it going everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely day. Today, I'm doing The Summer Book Tag. Like a few other tags that I've done in the past, I was searching online for some tags that I thought it would be fun to do here on the blog. This one was supposed to go out last summer, but I ended up being slightly a little too late because it wasn't summer anymore and I felt like I needed to read some more books, so I wasn't repeating myself when answering some of these questions. Since I've read a few more books since then, it might be easier to answer these questions without reusing some of the same answers from my previous tags. So, let's get started!

1.  What book cover makes you think of summer?
I would have to say When It's Real by Erin Watt.  This cover automatically makes me think of summer because of the star shaped sparkler.  Whenever I think of fireworks I always think of summer!














2.  What book had brightened your day?
One book that had brightened my day would have to be The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak. This one was such a sweet story and I absolutely loved every second of this book. The ending of this book left a smile on my face.














3.  Name a book with yellow on it.
Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum

















4.  What is your favorite summer beach read?
My favorite summer beach read would have to be Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch.  It was such a sweet story about young love, exploring Italy, and discovering the history of someone you love and their adventures while living in another country.  I think this book would be a great summer beach read!

5.  What action book had you running for the ice cream man?Even though I read this book in the winter, I would say Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller.  This book was actioned packed filled with sass, fighting, adventure, and just enough romance that it kept me intrigued until the very end.  So far, this book is one of my top favorites of 2018 and I still need to get my hands on the second book, Daughter of the Siren Queen.










6.  What book had left you with a bad ending?
Now, my definition of a "bad ending" is slightly different based on how I read certain books and it may vary.  I think the book that left me with a bad ending would have to be Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally.  This wasn't a book that I was too fond of because of the main character and her personality, in addition the story seems dragged out during certain scenes which weren't necessary. In the end, it seemed to be wrapped up kind of quickly which was something that I didn't care for.

7.  What book gave you the happiest feeling when it ended?
The book that gave me the happiest feeling when it ended would have to be Letters from a Prince by Victoria Hart.  It was such a sweet story to read and I was super happy that I found this book.  I need to find more books like this one to read because these are the kind of books that I've wanted to read recently.













8.  What book cover reminds you of a sunset?
The Edge of Juniper by Lora Richardson.















9.  What is one book you hope to read this summer?
I wish I could name one book, but because of all of the books that I have on my TBR list, I'm going to be vague and hope that I actually read multiple books this summer.  I also don't want to name any of the books on my TBR in case I don't end up reading them during the summer or I change my mind about reading them or read them at a later point in time.  Sadly, I'm a very picky reader and even though I get super into a book, recently halfway through I kind of drop off, which is not by choice.  Because of my on and off again reading slump, reading has kind of been a slight challenge and hopefully it'll end very soon.

Thank you everyone for reading this post.  I hope you all enjoyed reading my answers for this tag.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment