Friday, May 18, 2018

Lucky in Love by Kasie West - Book Review

Lucky in Love Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Lucky in Love by Kasie West. I saw this book during one of iBooks periodic sales and I thought that after the book that I read by Kasie West, P.S. I Like You, that I would try another one of her stories since I really like the last one.  Now, I'm extremely behind on book reviews, especially since I finished this book back in March, and have been postponing some of my reviews because of my reading slump, but hopefully during my time off I'll be able to get through some of the books on my TBR.  Anyways, on with my review!

About the Book:
Title: Lucky in Love
Author: Kasie West
Release Date: July 25, 2017
Genre: Romance
Pages: 357

My Rating: 4/5 ⭐️

Summary:
Maddie's not impulsive. She's all about hard work and planning ahead. But one night, on a whim, she buys a lottery ticket. And then, to her astonishment --

She wins!

In a flash, Maddie's life is unrecognizable. No more stressing about college scholarships. Suddenly, she's talking about renting a yacht. And being in the spotlight at school is fun... until rumors start flying, and random people ask her for loans. Now, Maddie isn't sure who she can trust.

Except for Seth Nguyen, her funny, charming coworker at the local zoo. Seth doesn't seem aware of Maddie's big news. And, for some reason, she doesn't want to tell him. But what will happen if he learns her secret?

My Thoughts:
This was a pretty good story. Maddie, who seems to be experiencing all kinds of bad luck ends up sporadically buying a lottery ticket and turns out to be the winner of fifty million dollars. Maddie was a really good character, she’s smart, sweet, kind, and the kind of girl who you could consider a really good friend. One thing that I didn’t care for was how terrible Maddie was at managing her money. I feel like she was way to easily manipulated into spending her money on anything and everything: expensive clothes, cars, a private yacht, and more. For Maddie to be extremely smart, I kind of wished that she was kind of smarter with her money instead of letting everyone convince her that since she has money that she can and should spend it as she pleases. It wasn’t until near the end of the story when she realized what was happening and soon became known as a walking bank in her peer’s eyes. I was glad that she came to this realization and started being more responsible with her money afterwards.

Another character that I like was Seth. When I think of Seth, he was a sweet character that was super nice to Maddie and after winning the lottery, she was able to be herself around him because he never knew that she had won. Until he found out that she had won the lottery, he never wanted or asked her money, he wanted to be with her because he liked Maddie for who she was all money aside.

One thing that I noticed about this story was the lesson that the story had. Because of this lesson, it does conflict with what I said about Maddie when I mentioned how I wish she was more responsible with her money. This was a lesson that I think she needed to learn in her life in order for her to grow, which I like because everyone makes mistakes in their life and the only way to move forward is to learn from your mistakes. The lesson was how money can’t fix everything. Sure, it’s nice to have, but no matter how much money you have or may to come into by pure chance, that doesn’t mean that all of life’s problems are fixed. For problems to be actually fixed, it needs the effort of everyone involved in the situation to solve the problem at hand, it can’t be fixed by one person alone. It was a good book and I really enjoyed reading it.

If you're interested in checking out her pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment