Friday, May 4, 2018

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally - Book Review

Catching Jordan Book Cover
How’s it going everyone. Today, I’ll be reviewing Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally.  I found this book in iBooks top free section and I thought it would be a great read.  When I read the description, the story intrigued me so as soon as I finished Daughter of the Pirate King, which is the book that I reviewed a while back, I immediately jumped into this one.

About the Book:
Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Release Date: December 1, 2011
Series: Hundred Oaks #1
Genre: Romance
Pages: 290

My Rating: 3.5/5 ⭐️

Summary:
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though–she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

My Thoughts:
This story was okay, it wasn’t what I had hoped the story would be. Jordan was a different than most girls. She’s a girl that likes to hang out and be “one of the guys”, she’s the captain and head quarterback of the football team, which was cool. She could have been a very good character, except there were certain flaws that I couldn’t get past. I felt as if her character was slightly over exaggerated, especially when it came to her crush on Tyler and her attitude towards others throughout the story. One-minute, Jordan would try to act tough like nothing would get to her, the next minute she would fall apart when something didn’t go her way. I feel like Jordan overreacted throughout the story and tried to act like she was better than most of the girls she went to school with and that those girls.

One thing that I didn’t care for was how Jordan constantly got angry and upset with her Dad. She complained about him and tried belittling him because he told her to do something and she didn’t want to do it. Yes, I can understand why Jordan would get mad at her Dad when it comes to not supporting her dreams of being a college football player and why she wanted his support, but a few times the way she treated him was extremely uncalled for.  Especially since she's the one who shut him out and refused to understand things from his perspective. At one point I think she went a little too far, which is why I ended up sympathizing with her Dad more than I did with Jordan. I can completely understand why her Dad had the fear of her playing college ball and watching. She was his only daughter and he didn’t want her to get hurt around the guys. It’s a parent’s job to worry about the safety of their children, which was something Jordan never really understood. Another character that I didn’t really like was Ty. I feel like he was thrown into the story to cause drama and conflict to help the story progress. At first, he acted sweet and caring, then he started to act kind of controlling, especially when it comes to who she was allowed to hang out with or telling her to reply to his text immediately when he sends her something.

Now for some of the positive things about the story. I think the storyline had a pretty good pacing and it flowed really well. I liked Sam, he was a very sweet character and a really good friend to Jordan. Even with everything that Jordan had put him through, he was still a good friend and stuck around for her because he cared and has cared since they very beginning. I feel like Sam was able to make Jordan see things more clearly and at some points in the story, try to make Jordan a better person. I was really glad that towards the end of the story that Jordan and her father were able to put in an effort to connect with each other after an incident that could have turned out badly but luckily it didn’t. Overall, I neither liked nor disliked the book.

If you're interested in checking out Miranda's pages, the links are below along with places you can get the book.


Thank you all so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed this review/suggestion.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment